What's new

Cigar under the faucet?!?!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So I used it on a Casa Fernandez New Cuba; my theory is that mixed filler cigars become too busy after wetting. The unwet New Cuba is a much tastier smoke because the flavors are less busy and “in your face.”

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
try it yourself, give us a review.
I am not participating is drowning cigars... mickey linked this, I just had to see the madness for myself. If you wanted a scientific approach, you'd need to smoke two of the same cigar side by side at the same time to get a proper comparison to.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I am not participating is drowning cigars... mickey linked this, I just had to see the madness for myself. If you wanted a scientific approach, you'd need to smoke two of the same cigar side by side at the same time to get a proper comparison to.
Seemed like a pretty legit comparison to me. You've got plenty of people in this thread saying there's something to it, but if you choose to think of it as "drowning cigars" then that's your right. I mean, there are still people who believe the Earth is flat. You can believe whatever you want these days.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
you'd also have to compare different types of water... distilled, tap from different locations, spring water.... etc etc, someone start a science fair project

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
This gets you straight to the test
Issues....
1. They note at the beginning they let the cigar dry for a week, so its out of the humidor and a "solution" for dried out cigars, not cigars that are properly maintained.
2. They only smoked the first third from a properly maintained, dried out, dried out & wetted stick
3. no side by side smoking comparison

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Issues....
1. They note at the beginning they let the cigar dry for a week, so its out of the humidor and a "solution" for dried out cigars, not cigars that are properly maintained.
2. They only smoked the first third from a properly maintained, dried out, dried out & wetted stick
3. no side by side smoking comparison
ok, show us how it's done !!
I agree I would have liked to see a properly maintained cigar wetted and reviewed in this video.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
you'd also have to compare different types of water... distilled, tap from different locations, spring water.... etc etc, someone start a science fair project
obviously the only correct answer is Perrier sparkling water.