What's new

Cigars in the car?

okia42

Billy
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Who smokes in there car? If you do could you let us know if you have any tips or tricks to keep the smell down to a minimum.
I see gadgets like the smoker cloaker, ozone sprays and other paraphernalia.

Thanks in advance

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I smoke in the car. I smoke another to make it smell better.
(No secret: febreeze & mild air freshener - wouldn't want to taint the smell of my gar.)

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
There has been several threads on this which i can not find.

I try to have the vent on low at my feet and crack the driver side window. This should help the smoke get out better.

Febreeze when I get out and the little yellow tree air freshners I leave one hanging from the mirror so the sun will hit it and help keep the freshner going.

My wife is very sensitive to smoke so she can smell my cigar smoke no matter what I do, so good luck.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I smoke once to twice a week. Just opening the windows once done and the occasional leaving windows open all night work well. Also a full detail job works wonders. I know this sounds obvious...but I got mine done last month and was shocked how well the smell was removed!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Always keep the window cracked while smoking. While you are moving it draws the smoke out side. When I'm at a stoplight I don't puff to keep the smoke down. Also when I park I keep the window cracked to let it completely vent overnight and this seems to work great. The car ashtrays Hendy sold also work great in the car and fit perfectly in the cup holder.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Be sure you are not using the recycling option on your Ac...I pu tthe fan on high, but using fressh air so you don't recylce smokes thought your system. so Fan on high at your feet, with the driver's window cracked. Tis will create a possive air pressure and push the smoke out.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
A/C?? I'm in Chicago, he's in NY...there's no A/C happening these days. It's called a heater..Not sure you have one of those on your car. :lol:

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Always keep the window cracked while smoking. While you are moving it draws the smoke out side. When I'm at a stoplight I don't puff to keep the smoke down. Also when I park I keep the window cracked to let it completely vent overnight and this seems to work great. The car ashtrays Hendy sold also work great in the car and fit perfectly in the cup holder.
What LL said!

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
All these are good points, and the only way to completely get the smell out is buy a small ozone generator (less than $100). If you go this route make sure you let the car run with the vents blowing and all windows closed (nothing living should be in the car). This us the tool that used car and home restoration companies use.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
A/C?? I'm in Chicago, he's in NY...there's no A/C happening these days. It's called a heater..Not sure you have one of those on your car. :lol:
yeah yeah..77 and sunny here today...., vent, AC, Heater, what ever the principal is the same.:boxing: Enjoy your snow and sub zero temps.:sarcastic I'll be outside smokeing in my shortsleves at lunch.:hysterica

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Just saw that...funny chit!

"If Pete whipped out his D!CK, and put a band on it, I bet 95% of you would stick it in your mouth!!!"
Thats funny stuff!

As for smoking in the car, I just do it and say eff it I'm a cigar smoker. My lady says my truck reminds her of how her dads car used to smell. So Thats How I get away with it from her.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ahhhhh yesssss....Frank's Cigarmobile...got a buddy who usually ends up in the back when we're "carpooling" (I mean being transported) to the bar(s)...it's funny when people look at you when you have to open the back door for him (cause it's locked on the inside, you know, cop car...LOL).

At least twice a day. My solution is to drive an ex-cop car. $1000 car, I don't care what it smells like. lol