What's new

Cigars on a plane

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Ok world travelers, going to Italy later this summer. Any recs on getting some CCs while there? Flying in and out of Rome, but will mostly be out in the countryside.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Not sure if this was mentioned above but get yourself a Travel Humidor THAT HAS A PRESSURE RELEASE VALVE!!!!!! Xikar is finally including the valves in their latest models and its a life saver...well maybe just a cigar saver but its definitely a necessity to any world traveler alike. I flew to Seattle on a business research trip with a early Xikar Travel Humidor (w/o a valve) and the pressure from flying sealed the humidor so much that it was inoperable for over 4 days. We practically had to rent a tank to get it open. That coin slot the none-release valve models come with are useless (probably why the upgrades). We tried knives, coins, brute strength, nothing was getting that thing opened. We let the shuttle driver back over it with the rear tires LOL. The even worse outcome before getting it open was that we had to buy new cigars for our trip and that was at Seattle's 17% sales tax too. Just invest a little extra in a model that features a release valve to save you worlds of trouble. Hope this helps.
Traveling this weekend - anyone else ever had this issue?

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I've done traveled a bit and never had a problem with my cutters and TSA. I have had pelican cases lock due to pressure used release valve. Never had a travel a dor do it maybe I've been lucky.