What's new

Cigars You Cant Touch

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I was looking at my inventory trying to decide what to burn over the next month and was eyeing my aged Opus. Wanting to add something special I thought... El Escorpion Maduro '12, Don Arturo Gran AnniverXario SG '11, Black Orchid '13 & Forbidden X Chili Pepper '11 but I just cant bring myself to burn them! Sometimes Ill see these one-of Opus on various forums but its rare, and they usually come with huge up charge so theyre kind of irreplaceable imo. I also know theyre nearing their prime so Ill have to burn them soon. Have a handful of super aged Habanos that are getting very lonely also...

So I was just curious what are some cigars in your storage that you keep holding?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think there's a thread this already somewhere just forgot the name of it. I don't really have a lot of super htf stuff like that, I have a casa fuente lancero that was gifted to me, and that's probably the one cigar I'm waiting for a perfect time to smoke it

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think there's a thread this already somewhere just forgot the name of it. I don't really have a lot of super htf stuff like that, I have a casa fuente lancero that was gifted to me, and that's probably the one cigar I'm waiting for a perfect time to smoke it
Oh sorry about that I didnt even think to look for it. Nice ass btw.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Got nothing that I won't smoke because I'm waiting on a special occasion. Every day is special. I smoke what I feel like.
+ 1 Every day on this side of the dash is special. Besides for unless those who take possession of your sticks after you leave this earth feel the same way, your special stuck will matter not to them.

This leads me to a bigger question: How many of us have instructions in our wills regarding our collection? For me, I have left them to my youngest son and asked that he would send a number of them to some great BOTL's that I have met or to the B&M for shipment to our troops.

Sorry for the rant.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I got a few sticks with a little age (1-2 years) on them but nothing that untouchable.
There are sticks that I love but tend not to reach for due to various reasons: price, rarity, or whatever odd reason my mind comes up with... eventually they all get smoked.
I do have plans to acquire a box very soon (CCs or non-CCs) to age for five years to share with friends for my 50th.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
That is simply my opinion on my cigars. Doesn't mean everyone should do the same.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Used to sit on some, but that was more because I knew my experience was growing and my appreciation for a premium smoke may have left some unappreciated. Now that I've got a well rounded background and am confident I can appreciate a good cigar, nothing gets saved too long on the basis of waiting for the right time. Sure I wont light a top shelf to mow the lawn, but I will light it on a Sunday afternoon and allow the cigar to be the special occasion.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
The thing that changed my stance more than anything was smoking something I'd put on a pedestal in my mind. Saved it for the right time. Right time came and it didn't deliver what I'd expected.
Yep, nothing worse than being disappointed. I have no sacred cows anymore, a nice sunny Sunday is all I need to light up that "special" smoke.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
That is simply my opinion on my cigars. Doesn't mean everyone should do the same.
sofc, I share your opinion totally. I don't mean to be crass, and I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I have lost a brother before he turned 40 and my outlook on life completely changed. Since then I realized the fragility of life and I don't hold back on something as small as a cigar. Every one is up for grabs at any point in time.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Perdomo La Tradicion white band was my first cigar back in 90's. Have a red band, and a white band that is most likely well past their prime. But they have sentimental value so they stay. Have a 80y.o. CC from Bob P. That has same value.
For smokers that I can't bring myself to burn. A Behike 56 and my last Davidoff Year of the Sheep. Every time I reach for either one, something tells me to choose something else.