What's new

Cigars You Cant Touch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a simple thing for me...I will not buy anything that I cannot or will not use. Cigars are intended to be smoked, I buy them intending to smoke them, if they are not ready to smoke when I get them, I'll not buy another. Buying things, whether cigars or otherwise, just to look at them, is in my book, foolish. If others believe otherwise, that's very cool, they can spend their hard-earned (or not) shekels otherwise, but if it hits my humidor, it's fair game.

That is all.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been disappointed more times than I've been wow'd by sticks that I saved for special occasions. Most recently and ED54 and LGC Tainos that were both good, but certainly not life changing. So now I try to just go ahead and smoke them knowing that having a couple hours free on a gorgeous day IS a special occasion. Having said that, I have a few (mostly gifted) sticks that every time I reach for them I can't seem to do it

RA 898
La Escepcion Selectos Finos
80's Upmann Monarcas Tubo
OR El Centurion that's so yellowed you can barely see the cigar through the cello

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Perdomo La Tradicion white band was my first cigar back in 90's. Have a red band, and a white band that is most likely well past their prime. But they have sentimental value so they stay. Have a 80y.o. CC from Bob P. That has same value.
For smokers that I can't bring myself to burn. A Behike 56 and my last Davidoff Year of the Sheep. Every time I reach for either one, something tells me to choose something else.
Sounds like you need another BHK...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some 07 LFD A's that I have a hard time lighting up... they are tasty though, I finally burned one about two months ago.
I don't sit on to much as I don't have that much space, it keeps me having to smoke things or not getting new sticks.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I smoked most of my rare stuff. Unfortunately some of the best sticks I ever smoked have been rare and smoked already. Today I will buy a Padron 50th hammer (from humidor) and smoke it. Just because its Monday.

Ill say the stick I am having the hardest time burning is my last LFD Factory Press 1 (OR). The last one I smoked was just incredible.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
RACF...

Not that I particularly won't burn them because I want to. But I always find some weird excuse to choose something else like my palette feels fried, need something longer, too windy etc

Feels like I need some perfect moment that is never coming

TOO windy? really?

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I've been described by a friend add 1/3 hoarder 1/3 collector and 1/3 smoker. The numbers are probably a bit off with collector being the smalest, but it's fairly accurate.

I have some set aside for special occasions. Some RyJ Dukes from my son's birth month that get smoked once a year on his birthday for example. Generally though I agree with what others said and hate when I save a one of a kind for something special and it doesn't deliver. I'd rather smoke something I know I've enjoyed in the past.
There are some that I may never get to. A CGR that was gifted to me years ago by a great botl. Probably leads the list. Some early tat monsters, etc. Would also be included. Someday I'll smoke them all. . . If I stop buying new ones.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Custom roll by La China and hand delivered to me from Colin Ganley. It was rolled specifically for the Partagas diner in 2011.
A cigar I'll never smoke.
The closed foot cg My Father blend I personally rolled on DPGs personal rolling table at the my father factory in 2010.