What's new

Cigars you couldn't finish...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There have been a few. One thing I learned along the way is that the taste of a stick can get pretty nasty when going from one rh to another. I've had some sticks that were pretty awful, but when the whole batch transitioned from the shipping or store rh to my preferred level the rest were decent.

I tossed an AVO Syncro that was horribly bitter and sour. I also tossed out all three of the Oliva G series I've tried over the last year or so. I tossed out a Boutique Brands Ether that I got from JR. There have been a couple more.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I had a LAT CdO 2015 that had a really hard vein or stem under the wrapper running the length of the cigar. I don't know if it affected the draw but it was unsmokeable. It was pretty disappointing

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am so getting hurt for this but I tossed a Padron 3000 last year. I admit it was probably my 3rd or 4th cigar ever. The peppery inhale was just too much and I pitched it before finishing the first third. I believe the only other was a EP Carrillo New Wave CT which tasted like chalk and dirt.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find this thread very amazing, how each cigar can be so different for each of us. I am sure there are many reasons for each experience. How the sticks were treated prior to your experience is a big one.

The biggest one, of course, is the subjectivity of taste. I cannot stand carrots. I don't like anything about them. I don't even drink V8 juice because I can taste the carrot. Yet, virtually everyone I know likes carrots.

Same with cigars.

I know you know this. I'm just making an observation.

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0

The biggest one, of course, is the subjectivity of taste. I cannot stand carrots. I don't like anything about them. I don't even drink V8 juice because I can taste the carrot. Yet, virtually everyone I know likes carrots.

Same with cigars.

I know you know this. I'm just making an observation.
That red tho

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A Blanco 9 a couple years back. Terrible ammonia flavor. Took a few draws and tossed it.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I only smoke the 1st third. The rest of it just tastes like tar.

Sent from my 2nd Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This year I can count three. Not by choice, but the last one I couldn't finish was a CH Las Calaveras '16. My wife told me I had 1.5 hours at the cigar lounge and it turned out I only had 30 minutes. I saved it and relit it later, but it was pretty terrible by that point. I had to pitch a Torano Exodus gold after it kept going out, but only because I accidentally dropped my lighter under the seat of my truck while I was driving and couldn't find it. I pitched an Erte Seven Deadly Sins while mowing because I had to stop halfway through mowing and didn't want to finish the cigar.

Before that it's been awhile, and not many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Alec Bradley Maxx Brazil
EP Carillo E-Stunner
RyJ Montague

Forced myself to power thru an inch+ of these before I tossed em.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
YMMV. You may notice a trend.

In no particular order:

LGC Churchill Natural
Graycliff Professional Pirate Blue
La Palina Classic Toro (dead and flat)
Rocky Patel Edge Maduro Torpedo 2013 (terrible start, tunneled badly immediately)
Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto (good start but another poorly burning wrapper and binder destroyed this post 1st 3rd)
Bahia Maduro (lackluster profile and cheap wrapper)
AB Tempus Maduro Terra Nova (cap busted off, plugged draw, then tunneled, just a disastrous roll) Officially the lowest score recorded
Viaje H&H Rapier (poor roll, profile, suspect storage)
Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Corona (terrible roll, profile was not for me)
Camacho Corojo Maduro Toro (improperly fermeneted leaf, downright gross)
La Duena PL No. 7 (completely unbalanced)
Quai Dorsay Imperiales (completely plugged, bland - could be harvest or storage or both)
CH LC50 2015 (OR Fausto-esque profile, combustion issues forced a fast smoke and destroyed the profile)
CoH Custom Sublimes (no bueno)
El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro (tasty but linear profile, rolling nicaraguan tobacco in the Cuban tradition resulted in a total plug on this one)
Caldwell L&F Pepper Cream Soda "BUTTER" (another plugged unsmokeable cigar with a terrible profile)

If I cant even smoke it or it explodes in the middle of summer Im moving on to something else.

Oh I forgot! The official worst ever was this fake Boli my buddy got from some guy in Chicago, "you know theyre real cus hes Cuban" Muscled through 10 min of it until I couldnt take it any longer. Profile smacked of baby spit up, burnt hair and dumpster fire. Yum! Couldnt get the taste out of my mouth for a week....not exaggerating.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
La Jugada Nunchuck. It was won in a contest so I feel bad, but it was like smoking ash from the ashtray rolled up in old newspaper. Made it 1/4 through then tossed into the firepit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention a Gurkha that I couldn't finish. I'm not sure if I should, because I can't remember which Gurkha it was. I've tried to like Gurkhas, but I've just encountered too many with construction problems. I'd hate to guess a percentage, but I'd say that, among premium and super-premium cigars, Gurkhas have about twice as many (or more) construction problems.

The last one I smoked turned into a wad of smoldering tobacco leaves by the time I got to the last third. Obviously, I couldn't finish it. I also can't remember which Gurkha it was, but I made a vow to never buy another. I'd smoke one if it was given to me, but that's it.