What's new

Cigars you couldn't finish...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Over the years, I've tossed so many, I can't remember them all. Some where so bad, that I threw away what was remaining of the 5 pack that I had purchased. I do remember my first. It was a PI from Cigarfest, back when I was a noob. It tasted of grass clippings. I called my mentor at the time and asked him if these things got any better as they progressed. He laughed and said "no", so in the trash it went.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention a Gurkha that I couldn't finish. I'm not sure if I should, because I can't remember which Gurkha it was. I've tried to like Gurkhas, but I've just encountered too many with construction problems. I'd hate to guess a percentage, but I'd say that, among premium and super-premium cigars, Gurkhas have about twice as many (or more) construction problems.

The last one I smoked turned into a wad of smoldering tobacco leaves by the time I got to the last third. Obviously, I couldn't finish it. I also can't remember which Gurkha it was, but I made a vow to never buy another. I'd smoke one if it was given to me, but that's it.
I'm a Gurkha fan, but I agree, huge quality control issues unless you're dealing with a proven line.

Grand Reserves have flimsy looking construction, but they smoke like a dream. Never had a problem with a Royal Challenge or a Ghost.

I've had one plugged Seduction and another that tasted like paper. Their big premium lines do nothing for me either. Had a few grab bags, each having at least one plugged, unsinkable stick, but also having other good stuff that just aren't favorites.

Still, where Gurkha is, even though I love some of their stuff, it's pretty inexcusable.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
The last one for me was the La Palina Illuminum corona. Not horrible, but acidic and not good enough to finish. Pitched it at the half way point after it didn't improve. Hoping for a Goldie light. Should have known better.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got back into cigars I tried a few infused 'to smoke with my morning coffee on the weekends'. :rolleyes:
Isla, Tabak, Java, something from Nub, etc. - - Hated every last one of them. I never made it past the first third on any of them, and could only stand a half dozen puffs from a few of them.

There are actually some nice tasting aromatic pipe tobaccos (though aromatics aren't my favorite tobacco category). Why they can't make the equivalent in a cigar, I dunno.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got back into cigars I tried a few infused 'to smoke with my morning coffee on the weekends'. :rolleyes:
Isla, Tabak, Java, something from Nub, etc. - - Hated every last one of them. I never made it past the first third on any of them, and could only stand a half dozen puffs from a few of them.
I'm glad you mentioned Nub. It's not a cigar I couldn't finish, but it is a cigar that I had really high hopes for and was sorely disappointed in. And it wasn't that it was bad, per se, but it just burned too danged hot. Hottest burning cigars I've ever had (outside of very small ring gauge cigarillos).

There are actually some nice tasting aromatic pipe tobaccos (though aromatics aren't my favorite tobacco category). Why they can't make the equivalent in a cigar, I dunno.

Hear, hear. When I smoke a pipe, I usually mix in just a little bit of tobacco from a cigar (the clippings from when I cut them, or just a sacrificed cigar) to lessen the pipe tobacco taste so, like you, I'm not big on the aromatics, but I have also wondered the same thing: why doesn't someone make something like a 'pipe tobacco' flavored cigar?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nub I tried was a Cafe Macchiato. If I recall, I think it was a short corona. I just didn't like the taste.
The infused I liked most was an Isla del Sol. Well, its the one I disliked the least - I wouldn't smoke another one.
I completely gave up on infused cigars after that.

On the other hand, I quite like some Boswell Bear Blend in my pipe.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two in the last week. Really strange because I haven't had one in a long time.
La Gloria Serie N. The Serie R is one of my all time favorites and always has a place in my humidor.
I was give an Archetype. A 1/4 through and it was set aside.