Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How do I join the botl clan?
Think you gotta reach 800 trophies
How do I do that?
Win...lol
Haha. Yeah, you need at least 800 trophies to join the BOTL clan. Once you get that many, just search for "BOTL" & join. We have like 14 members right now I believe. The more the merrier. :)
Well I just started today so it will take some time

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
How do I do that?
Win...lol
Haha. Yeah, you need at least 800 trophies to join the BOTL clan. Once you get that many, just search for "BOTL" & join. We have like 14 members right now I believe. The more the merrier. :)
Cool. We'll be waiting for ya. You obviously need to rebuild your clan castle first too.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How do I do that?
Win...lol
Cool. We'll be waiting for ya. You obviously need to rebuild your clan castle first too.
Yup working on it

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Question ...How can you determine (before attacking) if a Clan Castle has troops inside? I know that if there is a name on the castle, there is a chance that they are in a clan, but how do you know? It sucks when all those troops pour out and crush your attack!!
Look at the top. If it has the ladder. It's got troops
With all due respect, Josh, this is not good info. I was just clobbered by a castle that had NO ladder, which has also happened several times since this post. Castle DOES have clan insignia, but no ladder, yet troops pour out..... >sniffle sniffle<

Any clue on whether or not you can determine before attacking if a village has troop s inside the clan castle?.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Question ...How can you determine (before attacking) if a Clan Castle has troops inside? I know that if there is a name on the castle, there is a chance that they are in a clan, but how do you know? It sucks when all those troops pour out and crush your attack!!
Look at the top. If it has the ladder. It's got troops
With all due respect, Josh, this is not good info. I was just clobbered by a castle that had NO ladder, which has also happened several times since this post. Castle DOES have clan insignia, but no ladder, yet troops pour out..... >sniffle sniffle<

Any clue on whether or not you can determine before attacking if a village has troop s inside the clan castle?.
Damn. My bad Clint! That's what I was told when I asked my clan leader. I'm sorry!

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
No worries! Anyone know IF there is actually any way to determine this?
There is no way to know if a clan castle is full or not before attacking. If it's a revenge attack, you can obviously scout out your opponent's village first & physically click on their clan castle to view if it has troops in it or not. Other than that, the only way to know for sure is if you place an expendable troop close to it (if possible) to try to lure them out...

Great site for all things CoC:

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Castle

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
There is no way to know if a clan castle is full or not before attacking. If it's a revenge attack, you can obviously scout out your opponent's village first & physically click on their clan castle to view if it has troops in it or not. Other than that, the only way to know for sure is if you place an expendable troop close to it (if possible) to try to lure them out...

Great info...thanks!

Just reached 1,025 trophies! Closing in on that 450 gem bonus, and still haven't spent a penny :)

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

Great info...thanks!

Just reached 1,025 trophies! Closing in on that 450 gem bonus, and still haven't spent a penny :)
Join the BOTL clan, bro. We need all the members we can get!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I asked this question before.....Are there any DISadvantages to joining a clan? I was kinda holding off to see if my daughter and I might create our own clan....Not sure if that will happen. I think I get the advantages, but are three any drawbacks or considerations I need to know?

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I asked this question before.....Are there any DISadvantages to joining a clan? I was kinda holding off to see if my daughter and I might create our own clan....Not sure if that will happen. I think I get the advantages, but are three any drawbacks or considerations I need to know?
Hoshy is in the clan, that may be considered a disadvantage to some :)

Actually I don't think there are any disadvantages, but Kevin knows more than i do so ill wait for his answer

EDIT:
- clan members can view your village and see where you put your bombs and whatnot, not really a disadvantage since the likely hood of one of us running into you when searching for attacks is very small (if you dropped out and did not change your base)
- you do lose the troops you donate, but you also receive donated troops

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1

Actually I don't think there are any disadvantages, but Kevin knows more than i do so ill wait for his answer

EDIT:
- clan members can view your village and see where you put your bombs and whatnot, not really a disadvantage since the likely hood of one of us running into you when searching for attacks is very small (if you dropped out and did not change your base)
So belonging to a clan would not prohibit raiding villages within the clan? Not that I would ever do so on purpose, but the programming would allow that?? That seems absurd.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

EDIT:
So belonging to a clan would not prohibit raiding villages within the clan? Not that I would ever do so on purpose, but the programming would allow that?? That seems absurd.
It's my understanding that it's not possible to attack any of your clanmates. Their villages simply do not show up when searching for a random attack. No real disadvantages to joining a clan, but there are plenty of advantages though (share ideas, camaraderie, donating/receiving troops, etc.). It's not like you can't decide to leave and form your own clan at a later time either...

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0

EDIT:

Sorry, I meant that we would be able to see your village when you are in the clan and if you left after you joined that might be considered a disadvantage. Kevin is right that you cannot attack clan mates