What's new

Coffee Roasting

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
would you not have a fire hazard from the chaff falling on the elements ?
that is why it was designed that way.o_O;)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
would you not have a fire hazard from the chaff falling on the elements ?
that is why it was designed that way.o_O;)
I tilt mine up, of course it's a fire hazard but I like to live on the edge...and we have a fire extinguisher next to it and never leave it unattended. It's does help to speed things up a bit, full pound roasts would often take over 20ish minutes. Tilting it knocks a few minutes off roast time. I'm still looking into getting a 3-5 pounds roaster from buckeye coffee, just need to get the wife onboard.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
And eventually you'll get a feel for how much energy you put into certain parts of roast it'll make some elements come out in taste. But with a fluid bed roaster it's very hard to achieve that. Looking to get a probat soon for the garage and maybe a fire roasting barrel too come spring.
I would love a Probat, even with their smallest roaster I would probably never HAVE to upgrade.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Do a review. Would love to hear your thoughts on it once you've formulated an opinion please.
Well, considering I've never roasted coffee before and have zero experience with any other method, I don't really have anything to make an informed opinion. There may be things I like that others, who know what they're doing, despise. So, you know, give me a couple years to figure some stuff out and then I'll get your review. In the meanwhile, there are lots of reviews, good and bad, about this behmor online.

The only thing I'll say is that I, knowing nothing about coffee roasting, have been able to produce batches of coffee that surpass drinkable, some I would even consider really good, with a pretty short learning curve.