What's new

Conceal Carry Handguns

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I carry a Glock 19 pretty much any time I'm not drinking (or in my office where it's not permitted). I used to carry a Glock 23, but I can afford to train more with 9mm, so I made the switch - more training will make more more effective if I need it, regardless of the caliber.

I actually purchased a Glock 26 to carry because I felt like it would be easier to conceal and I would carry it more, but honestly I don't think it's that much easier to conceal and I don't shoot it nearly as much, so now I just carry the G19 and am actually pretty seriously considering selling the G26.

As for carry methods, I think most (including me) will agree that the gun belt is actually more important than the holster - it makes a HUGE difference when I'm carrying, but actually makes a pretty big difference in how comfortable I just wear my pants - enough so that I now only own gun belts.

For holsters I feel like I've now tried pretty much everything. For IWB I typically use a Remora "sticky" holster as they are easy-on, easy-off and infinitely positionable. The majority of the time I actually carry OWB though, and my preferred manufacturer is Lead Farmer (LFI) - he has done right by me and turns out amazing product that I feel comfortable betting my life on. I am considering switching the mount to use a G-Code RTI mount for the added easy-on, easy-off benefit, but will still have no one but LFI produce my holsters.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
This gun is lighter than the regular Ultra. Straight out of the box it was firing dead center with both the night sights and laser. The laser is a great intimidation feature, but really its more useful for me fir the middle of the night deployment need. Lol. I like the fact that I can carry either 9mm or 45 now, leaving the other one at home for mama. And the best part was it was on sale and I got my LEO discount too. Saved $225 bucks, so I'm happy.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I carry a Glock 19 pretty much any time I'm not drinking (or in my office where it's not permitted). I used to carry a Glock 23, but I can afford to train more with 9mm, so I made the switch - more training will make more more effective if I need it, regardless of the caliber.
I sort of went the same route as you. I carry a G23, but due to clothing and being skinny it prints badly without a jacket, so the times I cant carry the G23, I picked up a G43, and I must say I'm loving it. Limited capacity sucks, but I'll be ordering the TTI mag extensions after Christmas. 8+1 isnt the worst. 13+1 is certainly better but the bulk of the G23 doesn't make it the most discreet thing all the time.

Pics because I was bored lol
Untitled by Shift_Six, on Flickr

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
TTI +2 baseplates are worth it. They come with a spring and most others dont. I put a ghost connector in, polished a few things, and Dawson sights. But will probably end up with truglo tfx

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
TTI +2 baseplates are worth it. They come with a spring and most others dont. I put a ghost connector in, polished a few things, and Dawson sights. But will probably end up with truglo tfx

Exactly. I was looking at the Ghost connector, or doing TTI's as well, haven't made up my mind yet as to which. but Trijicon HD night sights are also in the works... The holidays are killing my fun money at the moment lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Oh tell me about it. I wouldnt have spent that, but its my carry gun and needed to functional

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Exactly. I was looking at the Ghost connector, or doing TTI's as well, haven't made up my mind yet as to which. but Trijicon HD night sights are also in the works... The holidays are killing my fun money at the moment lol
A number of my friends bought the +2 extensions for theirs and ended up returning them for the +1. Might be worth ordering one of each and going from there. As I understand it, they're both fully functional but the +2 added so much size that it made more sense to return to their 19 or 23 at that point.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A number of my friends bought the +2 extensions for theirs and ended up returning them for the +1. Might be worth ordering one of each and going from there. As I understand it, they're both fully functional but the +2 added so much size that it made more sense to return to their 19 or 23 at that point.
Thats actually exactly my plan. I want to get a +1 for the pistol in the holster, and the +2 as my backup mag (y)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The +2 is the same size as the grip extension that comes on the one mag from glock. I find that the little bit of reduction in width was a bigger factor in carrying