What's new

Conceal Carry Handguns

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Never thought about spinal injuries from small of the back carry. Or retention.... will check out Blackpoint. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Give my buddy Josh at Armiger Solutions a holler. The vast majority of my holsters are from him*

*I have received free products from them, thanks to being a friend and loyal customer. But I do like to disclose that.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Give my buddy Josh at Armiger Solutions a holler. The vast majority of my holsters are from him*

*I have received free products from them, thanks to being a friend and loyal customer. But I do like to disclose that.
Lol. Anyone shooting a production class, I'm sure knows his holsters, regardless of free gear or not. I'm sure you would spend the money on something you felt worked better and gave you an edge.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Remember, whatever holster you carry with, You must practice, practice practice, with it to become proficient. That is the main reason why I only use DM Bullard holsters. I'm so used to them and know how they fit on my body, instinctively I'm always ready. Yes, I do use two different styles for a few of my guns, but when I'm just carrying running errands or being put (not working) I carry the same model holster through all of the guns I carry. Fortunately for me, after serving 25 years in LE and carrying either a Beretta 92f, a Sig P220 or an H&K USPS 45, I've had lots of practice with every gun. Own. And had to retire to carry some of my handguns,

Also, a cheap holster is not a good holster. In the long run, your holster must stand up to the day in, day out carry, as well as perspiration and wear. That's one of the many I carry leather holsters.

Night Sights. Anyone not buying a handgun without night sights is making a very big mistake if you plan on CCW carry. Invest in Trijicon or other night sights for your handgun. Most manufacturers at now installing them on most guns they sell, but still, some don't. It's about $80 to $100 for the sights and about $40-$50 to install. I even sent my Beretta 92f to Trijicon and had them put on and I probably will never carry it again

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Remember, whatever holster you carry with, You must practice, practice practice, with it to become proficient. That is the main reason why I only use DM Bullard holsters. I'm so used to them and know how they fit on my body, instinctively I'm always ready. Yes, I do use two different styles for a few of my guns, but when I'm just carrying running errands or being put (not working) I carry the same model holster through all of the guns I carry. Fortunately for me, after serving 25 years in LE and carrying either a Beretta 92f, a Sig P220 or an H&K USPS 45, I've had lots of practice with every gun. Own. And had to retire to carry some of my handguns,

Also, a cheap holster is not a good holster. In the long run, your holster must stand up to the day in, day out carry, as well as perspiration and wear. That's one of the many I carry leather holsters.

Night Sights. Anyone not buying a handgun without night sights is making a very big mistake if you plan on CCW carry. Invest in Trijicon or other night sights for your handgun. Most manufacturers at now installing them on most guns they sell, but still, some don't. It's about $80 to $100 for the sights and about $40-$50 to install. I even sent my Beretta 92f to Trijicon and had them put on and I probably will never carry it again
More great advice.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
No offense, but I never could understand this logic: I'll spend a little more money so that is works better for a competition (Aka game) but not to protect my life. Idk I just don't understand I guess. To use the analogy from @mdwest it's like saying you'd spend money on good tires for the race track, but not for the snow tires that could protect you.
No offense taken. The logic for me is that those are two different purposes. In a life or death situation, which is generally why I carry (other than for the simple fact that I have a God given right to protect myself and my family, plus a 2nd amendment right to guarantee that), I have no need that I can see to be able to reholster quickly, unlike in tactical or competition shooting. I do practice with the holsters I use to carry with, it holds my firearm securely and has never interfered with my ability to draw and fire. The other thing that I looked at is how well I'm able to conceal my carry weapon with the holsters, and this is the best I've found.

So from my perspective, using this holster isn't like putting the cheap tires on my car at all. And I would absolutely depend on my setup to protect my life should the need ever arise.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That being said, I am also always open to trying new things that I have not. So if people have suggestions as far as specific brands/models I'd look into them

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
More great advice.
Just tryin to help out. I'm teaching a tactical class with a retired friend once or twice a month for folks with their CCWs. You would be amazed of how well folks are shooting after you give them tactical and carry advice. I always look at the holsters folks are carrying can give them feedback which will save them money and their life. I've seen some great holsters out there, but keeping with my mindset and preparation, I'll stick with what has worked for me for over 26 years and a few shootings.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Just tryin to help out. I'm teaching a tactical class with a retired friend once or twice a month for folks with their CCWs. You would be amazed of how well folks are shooting after you give them tactical and carry advice. I always look at the holsters folks are carrying can give them feedback which will save them money and their life. I've seen some great holsters out there, but keeping with my mindset and preparation, I'll stick with what has worked for me for over 26 years and a few shootings.
I do know that the only way to be comfortable with any holster is to practice. I would be willing to bet at the height of my addiction to shooting i put more rounds down range in a year then most will in a lifetime. After talking with @mwlabel i will probably start shooting competitively next year again. And anytime i go to practice, the first and last thing i do is shoot from my ccw rig

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
No offense taken. The logic for me is that those are two different purposes. In a life or death situation, which is generally why I carry (other than for the simple fact that I have a God given right to protect myself and my family, plus a 2nd amendment right to guarantee that), I have no need that I can see to be able to reholster quickly, unlike in tactical or competition shooting. I do practice with the holsters I use to carry with, it holds my firearm securely and has never interfered with my ability to draw and fire. The other thing that I looked at is how well I'm able to conceal my carry weapon with the holsters, and this is the best I've found.

So from my perspective, using this holster isn't like putting the cheap tires on my car at all. And I would absolutely depend on my setup to protect my life should the need ever arise.
Hypothetically if you ever had to draw your firearm without firing it. . . And then let's say order someone to the ground, the ability to re holster one handed by feal before policearrive and without taking your eyes off of the threat is a necessity in my opinion.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I agree, however I rarely do any kind of tactical shooting anymore as time and money don't allow it. I've practiced with the holsters I have and they perform nicely for the intended use. If I was doing competitions or tactical shooting I would absolutely invest in an injection molded plastic hoslter.
Competition isnt the reason you buy a holster that properly positions, retains, presents, and conceals, and allows for safe/easy re-holstering..

Self defense is the reason you buy and train with a holster that does all of the above..

Most competition holsters are inadequate for self defense..

Your weapon, your life, and your livelihood.. your decision...

but.. not the same decision I would make, recommend, or have ever had recommended to be... to/by anyone I have ever trained, trained with, or been trained by..

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
That is the main reason why I only use DM Bullard holsters. I'm so used to them and know how they fit on my bodyn
Same reason I only use Kramer, horsehide, straight drop, high ride OWB holsters.. (same holster for every pistol I own)..

Theyre a bit on the spendy side.. but.. The one I bought for my G19 in 2005 is still running like a champ.. after being subjected to extreme temperatures (both hot and cold), humidity, arid, sweat, etc..etc.. in countless countries... Its become the single best investment I have ever made in a firearms accessory..

Im guessing it will still be in perfect shape, have never popped a stitch, not stretched 1/100th of an inch, etc..etc.. by the time I die.. and will be left to my son in my will..

Kramer really does make shit that good...

Simply amazing work comes out of that guys shop..

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Competition isnt the reason you buy a holster that properly positions, retains, presents, and conceals, and allows for safe/easy re-holstering..

Self defense is the reason you buy and train with a holster that does all of the above..

Most competition holsters are inadequate for self defense..

Your weapon, your life, and your livelihood.. your decision...

but.. not the same decision I would make, recommend, or have ever had recommended to be... to/by anyone I have ever trained, trained with, or been trained by..
l

Well said. My life is worth more than a cheap holster.

Competition holsters at designed for super fast draw, not for concealment or retention.

USMC1975

SEMPER FIDELIS - ALWAYS FAITHFUL
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find it interesting that there are several people both here and that I spoke with that look for the cheapest stuff that they can find. I don't understand that kind of mentality. You are willing to bet you and your families well being on the cheapest tools you can buy to stay safe.

USMC1975.....Kevin
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I find it interesting that there are several people both here and that I spoke with that look for the cheapest stuff that they can find. I don't understand that kind of mentality. You are willing to bet you and your families well being on the cheapest tools you can buy to stay safe.

USMC1975.....Kevin
I've been in the firearms industry one way or another for my entire adult life and I'm still amazed at the number of people that think that way. Then theirs the guys/gals that go all out for themselves and want to go as cheap as they can for their significant other. I can't count the number of people that acted shocked that my bride doesn't shoot/carry some cheap pos. Life is priceless, purchased accordingly.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Kinda funny how it works. People that usually go the cheap route don't shoot that much so they a. Don't see the value in more expensive firearms b. The thing never seems break cuz well they never use it or use it very little. Or c. Sometimes it's not for protection so cheap works. I do hope that they don't have a failure in a l/d situation as that's not the time to learn a lesson. Some people never ever own a gun and live a long healthy life so hard to convince a casual buyer even if it's for protection to spend top dollar. Hell some people buy it for peace of mine and they know in their hearts they will never shoot another person.