What's new

Conceal Carry Handguns

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It's soft so it's comfortable, and doesn't wear on the finish. Plus it's fairly universal for most semi autos. The one I have is almost a soft neoprene on the outside, I'll try to remember to post a pic when I get home tonight.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Big upgrade from the LCP, I dig it.
I really liked my LCP, always in my pocket, never in the way, light enough that you forget you have it on you. The Glock43 is going to need some type of holster. I do like that is way more accurate then the LCP and easier to shoot fast. Not a bad group for 50 feet.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I really liked my LCP, always in my pocket, never in the way, light enough that you forget you have it on you. The Glock43 is going to need some type of holster. I do like that is way more accurate then the LCP and easier to shoot fast. Not a bad group for 50 feet.
There's a few people making pretty neat minimalist holsters, of all sorts, for the skinny glocks now. Good chance you would like them since they cut down bulk and weight.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There's a few people making pretty neat minimalist holsters, of all sorts, for the skinny glocks now. Good chance you would like them since they cut down bulk and weight.
Was thinking a small of the back type holster. Or I guess I could just use the old standard Crossbreed Supertuck

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Was thinking a small of the back type holster. Or I guess I could just use the old standard Crossbreed Supertuck
A 43 in a MiniTuck would be a pretty sweet setup. I gave up on small of the back holster after I took a spill and landed on my sidearm. Bad place to carry anyting IMO.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
It's soft so it's comfortable, and doesn't wear on the finish. Plus it's fairly universal for most semi autos. The one I have is almost a soft neoprene on the outside, I'll try to remember to post a pic when I get home tonight.
Nylon may be more comfortable than many rigid options like kydex or injection molded plastic.. or even semi-rigid mediums like horsehide and cowhide.. but... the fact that it is soft also can be a detriment..

Nylon doesnt provide the same level of retention that form fitted mediums like kydex or leather provide.. it also loses shape over time and loosens, which further inhibits retention.. the really soft nylon holster that have nothing around the mouth that adds intentional rigidity collapse when the weapon is drawn, which makes it difficult to reholster under stress (or even without stress).. .

"tactical" nylon designed to be worn on a military or police rig is a different story.. it is typically built with intentional rigidity and would be no more or less comfortable than leather or kydex..

"Universal" is NEVER the right option.. you want a holster specifically fitted to your weapon (multitude of reasons.. far too much to type)...

Please consider something different..

You wouldnt buy a $50,000 car.. and then put $29.00 crap Chinese tires on it..

Dont buy a $500 pistol and then wrap it in a $35 cheap nylon holster (for many of the same reasons)..

Friends dont let friends drive blackhawk (to include their rigid holsters like the Serpa)..

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Small of Back carry has paralyzed enough people in documented incidents that I would encourage you to consider other methods of carry. Hard things against your spine are rarely, if ever, good.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@mguti Congrats on finishing your course. While i prefer steel pistols for looks and range can't argue with the Glock for defensive dependability. I carry a 43
@ticitme I carry my 43 in a Blackpoint Leatherwing (newer company out of GA, I have no connection to. it's a really great hybrid, google them up)

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I always preferred a simple leather holster until I found this blackhawk in waistband nylon holster.
I always had issues with the singe clip IWB holsters rotating/moving to much for my liking. Moved around enough to change my grip contact with my weapon on the draw and none of the ones I tried were stiff enough for an easy reholster. Had to take the holster out, reholster the weapon and then clip the holster back in my waist band.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
With a small of the bank holster you are just asking for a spinal cord injury if you ever fall or are knocked on your ass. (Punched, slip on ice or water, etc) They are also terrible from a weapon retention standpoint as you practically have to put yourself into an arm lock to draw or protect the weapon should someone get their hands on it.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Nylon may be more comfortable than many rigid options like kydex or injection molded plastic.. or even semi-rigid mediums like horsehide and cowhide.. but... the fact that it is soft also can be a detriment..

Nylon doesnt provide the same level of retention that form fitted mediums like kydex or leather provide.. it also loses shape over time and loosens, which further inhibits retention.. the really soft nylon holster that have nothing around the mouth that adds intentional rigidity collapse when the weapon is drawn, which makes it difficult to reholster under stress (or even without stress).. .

"tactical" nylon designed to be worn on a military or police rig is a different story.. it is typically built with intentional rigidity and would be no more or less comfortable than leather or kydex..

"Universal" is NEVER the right option.. you want a holster specifically fitted to your weapon (multitude of reasons.. far too much to type)...

Dont buy a $500 pistol and then wrap it in a $35 cheap nylon holster (for many of the same reasons)..

Friends dont let friends drive blackhawk (to include their rigid holsters like the Serpa)..
Great advice as usual. I like comp-tac for kydex, but there are plenty of excellent holster makers out there. Spend a few extra dollars and get something you can trust your life on.
Small of Back carry has paralyzed enough people in documented incidents that I would encourage you to consider other methods of carry. Hard things against your spine are rarely, if ever, good.
Also great advice. I guess I should have read through the whole thread before commenting.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@mguti Congrats on finishing your course. While i prefer steel pistols for looks and range can't argue with the Glock for defensive dependability. I carry a 43
@ticitme I carry my 43 in a Blackpoint Leatherwing (newer company out of GA, I have no connection to. it's a really great hybrid, google them up)
Thank you! I love that the state of Texas changed the required time you had to spend in class. It went from 10 hours down to 4.5 hours including the shooting as well.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

I agree, however I rarely do any kind of tactical shooting anymore as time and money don't allow it. I've practiced with the holsters I have and they perform nicely for the intended use. If I was doing competitions or tactical shooting I would absolutely invest in an injection molded plastic hoslter.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I agree, however I rarely do any kind of tactical shooting anymore as time and money don't allow it. I've practiced with the holsters I have and they perform nicely for the intended use. If I was doing competitions or tactical shooting I would absolutely invest in an injection molded plastic hoslter.
No offense, but I never could understand this logic: I'll spend a little more money so that is works better for a competition (Aka game) but not to protect my life. Idk I just don't understand I guess. To use the analogy from @mdwest it's like saying you'd spend money on good tires for the race track, but not for the snow tires that could protect you.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Never thought about spinal injuries from small of the back carry. Or retention.... will check out Blackpoint. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk