What's new

Couple restores I did tonight.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Really digging your work brother... If I didn't already have so many hobbies with cigars, pipes, brewing, and roasting coffee I would love to do this myself too

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Those are impressive. Did you just restore them in one night?
Yes. I actually did 3. I just didn't take pics of my falcon I did. I forgot to take the before pics. I had to let the Curtis Draper cool after the pipe retort. So while it was cooling I did the falcon.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Really digging your work brother... If I didn't already have so many hobbies with cigars, pipes, brewing, and roasting coffee I would love to do this myself too
I know what u mean. But my other hobbies are more time consuming and more expensive. Building ARs, rebuilding two stroke lawn boys. Harleys yada yada. The pipe restoration is inexpensive and I get a finished product in a few hours. Idk a sense of accomplishment. I don't have much down time these days with working 12hrs a day 6 or 7 days a week.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
looking great, dave! you leave the stinger in the WCD, was it a pull out, or did you do a "surgery"?
While I was using my fingernail to scrape the gunk off it moved so I pulled it out. It was very snug but it came out. I soaked it in alcohol. Did not buff it.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I'm trying to do the write ups on both of these pipes but wordpress screwed up their app and won't let me attach photos anymore so now I have to wait till I can get on a computer. I have some detailed info on both and what I did and a huge lesson learned on the WCD one.