What's new

Couple restores I did tonight.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
that was a LOT of typing, and a LOT of info. hopefully someone finds it helpful. i'm just proud i got my shit together and got them done, truth be told!

i wanna thank everyone who have been catching the resto fever for giving me cause to post this, and most notably Grrrrr for leading the way in this. dave, if i boned something, or you have a step more i could take, let us know.

and, as thanks for following along:

Nice job. Did you find it relaxing like I do?

I would tell you which of those pipes I like but I dont trust you. Lmao.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

This pipe came from the same owner and the bowl was scorched in the same place. Sanded this one on my topping board till I was tired of sanding. The stem took alot of work but its shining nice now.

Well its looking like this one is something special too. I was given 3 pipes. One a Dunhill the other the Briarwood of London so I got to thinking that maybe this one was something. The stamps on it were on one side USA Lomdon P.P.D. and the other April 1986. So I posted up pics of the stamps. This one may be an Ashton too from the 1986 Dunhill PPD show.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

This pipe came from the same owner and the bowl was scorched in the same place. Sanded this one on my topping board till I was tired of sanding. The stem took alot of work but its shining nice now.

Well its looking like this one is something special too. I was given 3 pipes. One a Dunhill the other the Briarwood of London so I got to thinking that maybe this one was something. The stamps on it were on one side USA Lomdon P.P.D. and the other April 1986. So I posted up pics of the stamps. This one may be an Ashton too from the 1986 Dunhill PPD show.
Holy hell, bro! You just keep coming out like roses... Soaked in motor oil... Ha ha ha ha ha.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0

That's pretty sweet

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Here are my first two restores. I did not take before pictures because I wanted to focus on learning how to restore and the techniques instead of trying to remember to take pictures along the way.

These are two of the pipes from Xavier Dredo and I am really happy how they turned out.

The only thing was I could not get Everclear where I am, so I used bourbon instead.

This first one is a Canadian briar.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I am not sure what this style is called.

I am really happy with how they came out. Now I will start taking pictures before, during, and after.
I'm not expert but I have seen similar called "chimney" shaped. Again I'm just a guy on the Internet working the nightshift. .. looks great!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
looking nice so far, sir! a little patience and a fairly small tool kit can yield some solid results, and i hope they both turn out to be great smokers for you.

and, yes, chimney is used to refer to that shape. or stack. or possibly both.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Here are my first two restores. I did not take before pictures because I wanted to focus on learning how to restore and the techniques instead of trying to remember to take pictures along the way.

These are two of the pipes from Xavier Dredo and I am really happy how they turned out.

The only thing was I could not get Everclear where I am, so I used bourbon instead.

This first one is a Canadian briar.
Looking good. So I guess your hooked?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yup, hooked on restorations. It's a great "at night" project when the kids are in bed and I need something to mentally focus on before going to bed.

I think I didn't leave the stems in the Oxy bath long enough though. How long do you keep yours in?