What's new

Crazy stuff you see in nature..

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Everyone is a whole lot of people. So, if someone says they saw one, they are nutters? That's a lot of nutters. What about ghosts and UFO's? More nutters?
The comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...but yeah, if you believe bwhite-foot is real, you’re a wackadoodledoo. I sure as heck don’t buy that faked up vHerf chat video I’ve seen.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So my wife actually saw a flying squirrel tonight! I had no idea they even lived here! Apparently they're really widespread, just rarely seen..
Craziness. Sadly it took off when they tried to grab a pic.
We live in the woods of So. MD and we've had them off and on for almost ten years. My coon hound was in the back yard making a fuss one night and I knew she had treed a coon. I go out there with a flash light, shine up the tree and this lil fugger looked like he was jumping on my head. I literally almost wet myself and I'm sure I screamed like a little girl.
They disappeared out of nowhere for almost a full year but finally came back. They love suet, corn and bird seed.
It's amazing to see them come from a tree so far away. Very cool little creatures.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
We’ve got a Fisher Cat living on our property. I’ve startled it a couple times on our back deck turning the porch light on and it scared the piss out of me. They’re nasty and kill and eat any domesticated animal they come across. These are Google pictures, not mine:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
We’ve got a Fisher Cat living on our property. I’ve startled it a couple times on our back deck turning the porch light on and it scared the piss out of me. They’re nasty and kill and eat any domesticated animal they come across. These are Google pictures, not mine:

WTF! I don't think I've ever even heard of that!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

Hokey Pokey that thing looks like a bear strung out on meth ! And I bet he acts like it too.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
We have black squirrels here in SE Minnesota too.

Saw some 2 weeks ago when I was in Warren MI. They were bending down and drinking out of the swimming pool at my hotel. Maybe that’s how they turn grey. The chlorine in the pool water bleaches them. If they drink too much will they turn white?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
We have black squirrels here in SE Minnesota too.

Saw some 2 weeks ago when I was in Warren MI. They were bending down and drinking out of the swimming pool at my hotel. Maybe that’s how they turn grey. The chlorine in the pool water bleaches them. If they drink too much will they turn white?
I've been seeing alot of brown squirrels since moving here.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
A couple of years ago I was working at my desk and heard a noise like someone tapping in my sliding patio door. Went to investigate and found this.

IMG_0714.JPG

I invited him in for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk thingy

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
These are nothing like a regular tree rat. They're about the size of gerbil with a fluffy tail. Really cute little guys.
Couldn't find an image of the official " tree rat". The cute little fluffy tailed tree rats we have down here tend to eat the wiring in your car, nest in our fiberglass insulation, gnaw through our wood eaves, run around the attic all winter keeping us awake and so on. They also make a pretty good meal.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Couldn't find an image of the official " tree rat". The cute little fluffy tailed tree rats we have down here tend to eat the wiring in your car, nest in our fiberglass insulation, gnaw through our wood eaves, run around the attic all winter keeping us awake and so on. They also make a pretty good meal.
They definitely can be destructive. I had one get under the pool cover and ended up shredding the pool liner trying to get out. $1,000 plus dollars later.
I haven't eaten squirrel in a long time. I had a friend who made stewed squirrel that was awesome.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My BIL in Tennessee couldn't figure out why he was having so many problems with his truck. He went out one morning and found a squirrel chewing on the wiring under the hood. I'm not even sure his insurance covered the repairs cause he's still bitchen about it.

It doesn't get cold enough down here for them to slow down during the winter so they are always hungry and looking to keep warm

I'll bet you kept the pool warm enough not to freeze and they where quite comfortable.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
It’s the chipmunks here. In addition to have a labyrinth of tunnels under my yard with holes everywhere, they dug out under my steps causing them to collapse to the tune of $3000. Bought the ‘Chipmunkinator’ and have trapped 14 so far this month. Haven’t even put a dent in the numbers. I really hate those rats.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It’s the chipmunks here. In addition to have a labyrinth of tunnels under my yard with holes everywhere, they dug out under my steps causing them to collapse to the tune of $3000. Bought the ‘Chipmunkinator’ and have trapped 14 so far this month. Haven’t even put a dent in the numbers. I really hate those rats.
Uh, well, I've never been that much of a cat person, but sounds like you guys could really use a couple...