What's new

Crazy stuff you see in nature..

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sitting on the patio of a Hotel in North KC yesterday morning around 6:30am having a schmoke and a pancake. I had a fabulous view of downtown KC and noticed a few commercial jets either heading towards or leaving the airport about 10-15 miles further north. I then noticed an oblong cylindrical craft a little higher than the other commercial flights and traveling the same approx speed. But I couldn't see any wings like I could on the planes. As I watched it flew behind a small cloud that it should have taken 5-7 seconds to come out the other side, but it never emerged from the other side. I watched and stayed focused for several minutes, but it never emerged and I never saw it again. I have no idea what it was, but if it was an airplane it would not have disappeared behind a small cloud and not come out on the other side.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
A while back the wife and I were sitting outside. She thought the light was too bright and attracting moths, so I threw a hat over the light and all was well. Recently I looked at the fixture thinking I should change the bulb.
I have no idea what creature left this on the brim of the hat. Any ideas?
image.jpeg

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
A while back the wife and I were sitting outside. She thought the light was too bright and attracting moths, so I threw a hat over the light and all was well. Recently I looked at the fixture thinking I should change the bulb.
I have no idea what creature left this on the brim of the hat. Any ideas?
View attachment 118790
Looks like katydid or bush cricket eggs that hatched.
CFF498E4-57D2-472A-BA34-1202F87C5475.jpeg
52BF46EC-81B0-479F-8C89-AB6C6FD31034.jpeg