What's new

Cuban Cigar Website

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yes i is down, something to do with the software

from Alex:

Can confirm that it is down for everybody (hardware issue). It's being worked on and hopefully should be back up shortly.

Last time I was relying entirely on their internal backup process, which turned out to be non-existent. After that fiasco one would hope that they have fixed their backup process, and also different to the last time, I now have their premium managed backup service. In theory this should mean that even if they lose the image and don't have a backup, I should be able to rebuild the site with only a few hours of data loss.

If the premium service also turns out to be a lie, then I do have some local backups. It has been a while so there will be some loss, but not total like last time.

In any event, we are now at around 30 hours of outage, which is highly irregular for a professional hosting company.

Last time though they were very up-front about it. The whole process began with an email that basically said "we lost a server, there were no backups, your account is wiped." This time at least they're saying that they're working on it.

Will let you know more when I do!

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just the way it is in OZ.
They have critters there that will eat up the internet.