What's new

Daily Workout

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I used to hate running as well, but have found that it is a necessary evil (for me, at least). And there are times I look forward to it because I listen to ESPN radio for an hour or so while I run and I don't have four kids and a wife demanding things from me.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Also for me.
Ill be starting back up with Yoga! 1-2 times per week.

(I have an extremely bad back and this really helps out in that department for me)
Ill be doing alot of core until I can get my core & back strong enough to do some cardio.

Looking to lose about 40.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I used to be a gym rat when I was younger but got away from it. I'm addicted again.

I usually end up throwing the abs in on Friday so I can save a trip but I prefer to do them on a separate day.
Man, how long are your workouts?? Even back in the day, I think I may have done half of the exercises and still took me 2-2.5hours.

Used to do a 5 day with 2 days off a week
Monday- Chest and Tri's
Tuesday-Back and Bi's
Weds-Off
Thurs-Shoulders
Fri-Legs
Sat-Overall (high rep whole body)
Sun-Off
Abs and cardio every day post lifting.

Now I'm working the same powerlifting routine that I did when I was competing but obviously much lighter lol, I can still use the saw belt I did when competing and actually use the same holes so I'm happy with that! Workouts still take about 2 hours which makes it difficult as I have to do it in the am as opposed to when I'm more awake.

Mon- Squats with a couple of supporting moves at the end
Tues-Off
Weds-Bench again with a couple of supporting moves at the end
Thurs-Shoulders and arms
Friday-Deadlift
Sat/Sun Off

What are abs lol.

G1

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Nico, that workout seems REALLY long bro. I like to get in one good compound exercise along with a couple supporting exercises. I find high intensity with 6-8 reps works best for me. I don't like going heavy since I don't have a spot. I also keep my workouts to 45min or under, not including cardio. It helps that I go at the butt crack of dawn around 4:30am. Forget going after work and waiting on equipment or getting caught up in every conversation there.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I ran in the Kalamazoo One One Run on new years day (2.2 mi), then I wrenched my back...so I'm out of commission for now...I look forward to running my usual 5k three times per week.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My job is a lot of walking/up and down ladders/lifting stuff all day, and I have seen an increase in my belt size and weight in the last 5 years. 2 months ago I started eating a lot better, and it has dropped me down 15 pounds in the first 4 weeks. It is amazing what a lot of protein in the morning and no white carbs does for your body. I have limited the amount of sugars and dairy as well. These simple changes have not only given me a smaller waist, but a lot more energy to get things done too. I am not the largest dude either, so 15 pounds is a noticeable difference on my frame.
I am not trying to hijack your thread, just a positive reinforcement on the diet with the exercising as well for anyone who is wanting to put in a little effort.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yo brothers! Good thread. I think a few of you know that I'm a certified personal trainer and I manage a personal training company in the Chicago burbs. If anyone needs any help or advice about training/nutrition/supplements feel free to hit me up!

I wont outline my workouts but within the last year I've switched from bodybuilding to powerlifting and am currently following Wendlers 5/3/1 program which I love!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Also for me.
Ill be starting back up with Yoga! 1-2 times per week.

(I have an extremely bad back and this really helps out in that department for me)
Ill be doing alot of core until I can get my core & back strong enough to do some cardio.

Looking to lose about 40.
I am prob gonna start doing Bikram Yoga around the end of this month.