What's new

Daily Workout

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I went that past three days. going to look at trying a new rutine starting monday take the next couple days off. Might hit the gym up for some cardio tomorrow morning and saturday though.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hockey game last night for some more cardio.

Day off and gym in the A.M. for cardio/core/upper body.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Damn I had my workout just reading what U all did ......Shit I'm beat, U guys r killing me here, better go take break......:headroll:

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Lost 9.4 pounds so far this week.
Easing back into lifting, doing some cardio, quit eating crap, and gave up craft beers with my cigars.
The beer thing won't last so I guess I'll just do more cardio.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I wont outline my workouts but within the last year I've switched from bodybuilding to powerlifting and am currently following Wendlers 5/3/1 program which I love!
Same boat. I use Ed's (Coan) old workouts rather than the 5/3/1 and they're basically 10 week programs counting down to SRM's in the 3 lifts. He used to give me a ton of flack about depth and speed of decent back in the day. I think I'm still bruised when he grabbed my back when taking a picture lol. G1

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Anyone else hooked on Crossfit? Besides the warmup, all of my workouts are different every single day, plus its always 3 days on, one day off. The RX'd warmup takes me about 7min - stretching, 15ea pullups, situps, dips, back hyperextensions without rest, then the workout of the day usually takes only 10-15min.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have been working out and eating right for pretty much the first time in my life the last 6 months. I have lost about 100 pounds so far. I have probably gained 10 back in the past three weeks. I decided though that I wasn't gonna starve during the holiday. I use MyFitnessPal on my smartphone. Its a fn miracle worker. I have also been running 3 days a week and my buddy got me into paintball which I fucking love a lot. Its a everyday battle though. It does get easier with time though.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Same boat. I use Ed's (Coan) old workouts rather than the 5/3/1 and they're basically 10 week programs counting down to SRM's in the 3 lifts. He used to give me a ton of flack about depth and speed of decent back in the day. I think I'm still bruised when he grabbed my back when taking a picture lol. G1
He was at a meet that I did a month or so ago. I never realized how abnormally long his arms are and how large his hands and feet are. True legend though.

I like 5/3/1 because I have goals to hit at each workout as far as weight/reps goes and the workouts take me no more than 45 mins. When you work in a gym 10+ hrs per day, 6 days per week its very easy to lose motivation and want to slack on your own workouts.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Yo brothers! Good thread. I think a few of you know that I'm a certified personal trainer and I manage a personal training company in the Chicago burbs. If anyone needs any help or advice about training/nutrition/supplements feel free to hit me up!

I wont outline my workouts but within the last year I've switched from bodybuilding to powerlifting and am currently following Wendlers 5/3/1 program which I love!

What would you suggest in place of jack 3d if I want to cycle off of it for 30 days, thanks.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What would you suggest in place of jack 3d if I want to cycle off of it for 30 days, thanks.
If you wanted to cycle off Jack3d so your body can re-sensitize to it I'd suggest not using any product similar to it. Maybe just some plain creatine monohydrate and amino acids like XTend during/and or after your workout. Once you're ready to get back on the Jack3d then rock it out.

I have a rule of thumb, when cycling off a supplement, I take the amount of time off it takes me to go through the product. So if it takes me a month to use a jug of Jack3d then I will take off a month of it. Even if I go through 2 or 3 consecutive jugs. Does that make sense?

Also, consider giving 1MR a shot. I like it much better than Jack3d.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I'm 4 days into P90X2 after having done a couple rounds of original P90X and feeling great. I'm using Jack3d on big routine days, so not every day. So far, I really like it.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
He was at a meet that I did a month or so ago. I never realized how abnormally long his arms are and how large his hands and feet are. True legend though.

I like 5/3/1 because I have goals to hit at each workout as far as weight/reps goes and the workouts take me no more than 45 mins. When you work in a gym 10+ hrs per day, 6 days per week its very easy to lose motivation and want to slack on your own workouts.
Yeah thats why his bench wasn't up to par so to speak as his Squat and DL. Though the 550 he hovered around wasn't bad by any means. I think he pushed 585 once. I can't Sumo like him and go traditional, I don't' have the arm length.

I remember back in the day, I used to get to the gym at 6am, train a few clients, eat in between, get my am workout in train the noontime people, get in my pm workout, train the evening people and get cardio in whenever I could. I'd be there till 10pm most nights. I could do that when I was younger.

With Eds or any other similar program, you do have goals as you would take your 5 rep max and calculate out what your 1 rep max would be then break it down by week how many reps with what weight you needed to get. I may give the 5/3/1 a go later in the year. Ah yes to be young again. Luckily, with all that heavy lifting, I'm still able to do so and no injuries to speak of ...yet knock on wood. G1

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If you wanted to cycle off Jack3d so your body can re-sensitize to it I'd suggest not using any product similar to it. Maybe just some plain creatine monohydrate and amino acids like XTend during/and or after your workout. Once you're ready to get back on the Jack3d then rock it out.

I have a rule of thumb, when cycling off a supplement, I take the amount of time off it takes me to go through the product. So if it takes me a month to use a jug of Jack3d then I will take off a month of it. Even if I go through 2 or 3 consecutive jugs. Does that make sense?

Also, consider giving 1MR a shot. I like it much better than Jack3d.
If there is a supplement that you need to cycle off of, its almost better to go 1.5 to 2 times the amount of time you're on it. This works well for 2 reasons. 1, you don't want to be dependent on the said supplement, 2,it'll make sure your body's ready to re-up for the supplement.
As for pre workout formulas, I'm a fan of BSN's NoExplode. The Jack3d was too caffeine loaded for me. Haven't tried the 1MR but I do have a couple of samples so I may after I'm done with my current jar.

LOL this is starting to look like the forum at bodybuilding.com
hey makes it easier to have everything in one place G1

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
If there is a supplement that you need to cycle off of, its almost better to go 1.5 to 2 times the amount of time you're on it. This works well for 2 reasons. 1, you don't want to be dependent on the said supplement, 2,it'll make sure your body's ready to re-up for the supplement.
As for pre workout formulas, I'm a fan of BSN's NoExplode. The Jack3d was too caffeine loaded for me. Haven't tried the 1MR but I do have a couple of samples so I may after I'm done with my current jar.

LOL this is starting to look like the forum at bodybuilding.com
hey makes it easier to have everything in one place G1

I've done Noexplode and superpumps which were okay but the jack 3d was dead on in getting me through some lifts.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Better than bodybuilding.com cos if you mention cigars at all they immediately say how you are worse than Hitler, Stalin and Satan combined.
Sounds like some good troll-sport over there. Maybe I'll sign up Saturday and do an over/under contest on how quickly I'm banned... Ha ha, just kidding.