What's new

Dark Lord Day 2012

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
T,

Let's put it this way. I had 4 computers going, coming off 4 unique IP addresses and banging on refresh starting 5 minutes before. I got lucky and got 2 sets, so 4 tickets.
Pretty much if you weren't in the checkout queue in the first 4 minutes, you were done.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Saturday, April 28th

Dear eight pound, six ounce newborn baby jesus, please let me get tickets to this year's event!
I wish you luck my friend, that's a "nectar" I've always wanted to try!

Dark Lord has been around since 2004 I believe.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Well I will be online Mikey and if I get any tickets they are going to you my friend that was a great auction for Cmac!

@nick this is a very hard to get beer from 3 floyds brewery. For the HTF beer chaser it is the white elephant. And thanks to an auction by Mike I finally get to try some.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Can somebody fill me in on what this is exactly? Sorry for being the noob here.
Nick, check this out....

Dark Lord Day

"A demonic Russian Style Imperial Stout, brewed with Intelligensia coffee Mexican vanilla, and Indian sugar this beer defies description, available one day a year in April at the brewery, Dark Lord Day."

....the last two years it was 15% abv! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Just stay clear of the Zombie Dust while you are there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This year I'm getting my own ticket.... Come on 7-11.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Nick, check this out....

Dark Lord Day

"A demonic Russian Style Imperial Stout, brewed with Intelligensia coffee Mexican vanilla, and Indian sugar this beer defies description, available one day a year in April at the brewery, Dark Lord Day."

....the last two years it was 15% abv! :thumbsup:
That translates into a very sweet, but balanced by hop bitterness and high roasted malt bitterness.

If you think Dark Lord Day is crazy, just wait till Westvleteren 12 is up for sale in the next few months. I hear only 70,000 six packs are coming to the US. I really want to try some but I'm not paying $100 for it either!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
How do I get tickets? Never hurts to have another chance for the group.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
They haven't announced ticket sales yet. But last year, it was right around St. Pat's day at noon I believe, all on-line through a small'ish ticket broker type place. (i.e. not Ticketmaster).

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I've tried to get tickets for this event for a couple of years now and its tough. Then after the tickets are gone, they're selling them on the secondary market for crazy amounts. I'll try again as well, if someone can keep us updated on when these go up. It'll be like trying to get the monsters from NHC lol. Don't know if I'll be off the diet by then but I"d be in for the event. The hotels that are local also sell out really quickly so if you're planning on making it a trip, make sure to check those out as well. G1