What's new

davidoffs

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Davidoffs are kinda like padrons for me... I think they are very good and age extremely well but they will never make my regular rotation cuz they are like $26 for the ones I like same with Padrons. I was just eyeballing the LE from 09 with the special SG wrapper and I just couldn't convince myself to even purchasing one, lol! Instead I purchased the TAA set from 09 for $50 cuz I gifted the one I had gotten.

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love Davidoff cigars. Davidoffs will always be a part of the rotation for me. I would agree with Zen on his recommendations. Those are all very good choices to me. Lately, I've been enjoying the 702s, the Puro Belicosos, and the Zino Emperor(not Davidoff, but Kelner made).

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
100th Anniversary Diademas are some of the finest I have smoked, coming straight from the original store in Geneva. I agree with all the people who enjoy a davidoff in the morning, because they are more on the mild side, but they are sooo smooth its hard not to enjoy at times. I prefer the Anniversary series and Double R's

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
have not smoked many but just found some Colorado Claro Special T's at a B&M in PA. Not a cheap stick at $19 however it was really good. Particularly the last half which was anything but mild and full of very strong rich flavors. Definately worth having and will pick up a few more to smoke every so often. If your in PA the shop is in King of Prussia at the KOP mall.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I had been avoiding these due to price and the perceived mildness. Stumbled on a couple Milleniums for cheap ($6 - $8: PC & robie) from '06 and decided to take the plunge. The PC had to have been one of the most complex cigars I had ever tasted. The stick has to be well less than full-bodied to let this wide variety of flavors through. I honestly think this is what many CCs are striving for with a plethora of graham cracker, caramel, hay, rich earth, subtle tobacco, floral flavors (among others) that come and go throughout the stick. I had to stop reading my book, the flavors were requiring my attention so much as they changed back and forth, only to allow a new flavor to creep in every now and then. And this was only the PC. I immediately went on a hunt for some other Davidoffs. And this is why I had resisted for so long. Who wants to fall in love with such expensive sticks?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had been avoiding these due to price and the perceived mildness. Stumbled on a couple Milleniums for cheap ($6 - $8: PC & robie) from '06 and decided to take the plunge. The PC had to have been one of the most complex cigars I had ever tasted. The stick has to be well less than full-bodied to let this wide variety of flavors through. I honestly think this is what many CCs are striving for with a plethora of graham cracker, caramel, hay, rich earth, subtle tobacco, floral flavors (among others) that come and go throughout the stick. I had to stop reading my book, the flavors were requiring my attention so much as they changed back and forth, only to allow a new flavor to creep in every now and then. And this was only the PC. I immediately went on a hunt for some other Davidoffs. And this is why I had resisted for so long. Who wants to fall in love with such expensive sticks?

Another one is hooked! Welcome and I'm sorry (empty wallet).

try the special rs, they're a little cheaper than the Millenniums.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I still have the robie and a pyramid and 2 PCs I picked up in a trade (so I'm Ok for this week, haha), plus some Grand Crus - How do those compare?

Did I mention I got some Diadema Finas too?:drool:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Special R, Millenium Blend, & Maduro are..... Awesome! I really enjoy Kelner blends even though I'm more of a fan fuller smokes with a little more pop myself.

Throw me into the crowd who would smoke more of them if my wallet would allow it.:yes:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Any reason why Davidoff's in general are so expensive and not found on discounter sites (i.e. the devil site)? Is it a distribution thing?

They are expensive because they do a lot of their QC work in the US as well as boxing and packaging. They are very strict about discounting their product.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Unfortunately many of our beloved cigar manufacturers engage in "Price Fixing". If a store/website tries to sell the product at a significant discount - suddenly their shipments are very slow to nonexistent. Davidoff seems to be one of the most aggressive about these policies, as a result you will not see them discounted.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Unfortunately many of our beloved cigar manufacturers engage in "Price Fixing". If a store/website tries to sell the product at a significant discount - suddenly their shipments are very slow to nonexistent. Davidoff seems to be one of the most aggressive about these policies, as a result you will not see them discounted.
Price fixing is usually collusion among competitors to sell a product at a certain price and it is illegal.

Manufacturers are free to set a minimum MSRP and are rarely prosecuted for enforcing it because you can't prove intent in most cases. It protects lower volume B&M shops from low margin high volume internet companies.

They all have policies like this, but general, rocky and ghurka don't enforce them for shit. If every manufacturer followed their example B&M's across the country would go out of business.

Their prices are high because their QC processes are more rigorous than most, but they are also high... because they want them to be high. They want to position themselves as a luxury brand and some people fall for it hook line and sinker.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Price fixing is usually collusion among competitors to sell a product at a certain price and it is illegal.

Manufacturers are free to set a minimum MSRP and are rarely prosecuted for enforcing it because you can't prove intent in most cases. It protects lower volume B&M shops from low margin high volume internet companies.

They all have policies like this, but general, rocky and ghurka don't enforce them for shit. If every manufacturer followed their example B&M's across the country would go out of business.

Their prices are high because their QC processes are more rigorous than most, but they are also high... because they want them to be high. They want to position themselves as a luxury brand and some people fall for it hook line and sinker.

I agree 1000%.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am another of those who perceived davidoffs as just another overpriced mild stick. Purchased a discounted sampler at wade's last year and tried the short perfecto. I think it was the pre-08 blend with the Connecticut wrapper. Very smooth and tasty but with a nic wallop I didn't expect. I have a newfound respect for this brand and can't wait to try some of their other blends.