What's new

Day 7 : Drew Estate / BOTL 8 Day Holiday Extravaganza

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have only met one person from the industry... got to go with Matt Booth of Room 101 Cigars.
As a designer, have to give props to a guy that creative and talented in expressing it. And a cool guy to hang with for an evening.

Hopefully one day get to meet JD???

Phil

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well the only one I have met in person was Avo at Corona Cigar in lake mary. He saw me smoking a acid kuba kuba and handed me a handful of his brand including several trial sticks. I thought that waw pretty cool of him. He was basically my introduction to non flavored cigars. This was like 6 years ago now.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Johnny Brooke, hehehehe! I am sure ass kissing doesn't get an extra entry. I love JD, he is a hell of a guy and I don't say that about everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 while getting a blumpkin!

Last edited:

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
On a trip to Disney I went to Sosa Cigars and met one of his sons. Enrica I believe. He asked me if I liked coffee and when I sad yes he proceeded to make some Cuban coffee and grabbed a few cigars from his humi. He said he rolled those a few months ago and I needed to give it a try. It was a nice experience and a great learning time for me. He didn't mind taking time to answer all the questions I had and i enjoyed it a lot. He is the only one in the industry that I have met personally but I have to give much props to JD, Saka for their participation on the board.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will have to say personality wise I would have to say JD because he truly is a crazy dude in the industry, but behind the scene personality I would say my boss Mr. Gary Griffith from Emilio Cigars, he is definitely a great person to meet and once you do you understand the genuine person he is.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I would have to say JD because he takes the time to talk to you very down to earth seems to really care about what the end user thinks of his product I am sure others in the industry are like minded but I was impressed that he wasn't an arrogant prick like some!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Brooks from Halfwheel

I'd have to say JD is a very close second though.....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The only one I have met is Matt Booth. He was a really cool guy and made his way around to everyone at the event to introduce himself and chat for a few minutes.

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0

Hey guys, we decided to do something special for all of you here on BOTL. We are going to be giving away some awesome prizes every day from now until Christmas Day. All you have to do is answer the question included each day.

NOTE: All prizes will ship after we return to the office from the holidays.

List of prizes:

12/18 - 1 4-ct Tin of Papas Fritas and 1 Box of Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Lanceros - Winner: shadowcam
12/19 - 1 4-ct Tin of Papas Fritas and 1 10-ct bundle of UZI +11 and 1 5pk UZI Baitfish - Winner: heavyd
12/20 - 1 4-ct Tin of Papas Fritas and 5 Ratzillas - Winner: thejavaman
12/21 - 1 4-ct Tin of Papas Fritas and 5 UF-13 - Winner: morrisjohn
12/22 - 1 4-ct Tin of Papas Fritas and 1 Box of Joya de Nicaragua CyB - Winner: Chrisso
12/23 - 1 4-ct Tin of Papas Fritas and 10 Herrera Esteli - Winner: LigaPrivadaFanboy
12/24 - 1 4-ct Tin of Papas Fritas and 5 Ratzillas and 5 UF-13 and 1 10-ct bundle of UZI +11
12/25 - 1 Wooden Box of Papas Fritas (incl. 7 4-ct tins) and 1 box of Herrera Esteli

To enter today, answer the following question:

Who's your favorite cigar industry personality?

Leave your responses below and I will pick one winner at random tomorrow at 3pm EST.
I've been fortunate enough to meet most of the major cigar persons in the industry and I have to say all have treated me well and have been mad cool and passionate about what they do. One memorable experience I can recall is meeting the late Manny Ferrero in NOLA at the Ashton dinner. Not only was he passionate about cigars but passionate about people and having fun in life. His lust for living is something I try to emulate in my own life and in enjoying life's simple pleasures. He will truly be missed. R.I.P. Manny.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Jonathan Drew. I'm not brown nosing either. Very generous guy who is knowledgeable and pushes the creative limits in the industry.