What's new

DIY Cabinet Conversion (making a cabinet from a small chest).

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Sorry about the random toe shot!
I'm glad your toe is in the shot. At first, I thought that chest is big enough to be a coffin! I'm all like, "Mother of Turds! He could fit 400 boxes inside of that thing!" but then I saw your toe and it added perspective.

Congrats man - up-cycling cabinets is fun but up-cycling furniture that you already own is the boobs!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, if you’re storing mostly boxes that will work. I have a buddy who places the boxes in heavy freezer bags with the double ziplock. As they age, he puts Boveda packs in the bags. His concern is some Boxes can loose its seal as it ages and the wood drys. With several hundred dollars invested in some boxes he thinks it’s worth the money.

I’ve been contemplating trying to repurpose old buffets into humidors. It looks to me that the hardest part is getting a door sealed properly. I looked at some old buffets and the doors seem to be really beat up. If they are in good condition they are in high demand and the cost is too high to buy, repurpose and come out with anything at the end for the effort.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You've had the chest in your house for quite a while, any idea what the humidity has been? If the chest is starting real low you may need to get it cured before installing the Bovedas

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just curious because we have some pretty high outside humidity in SE Louisiana but with the AC running all summer I'm reading 56% inside. There's a lot of wood in your chest so I hope those Bovedas equalize it for you. I think they'll do a good job maintaining but they may need a bit of help to get started.