What's new

Do you use a cigar poker?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
cvm4 started a thread on this on the other bb and it got me thinking. Before reading that thread whenever I had 'gar with a tight draw I either dealt with it or tossed it. Since then I've had two plugged cigars with a draw so tight you could barely get any smoke out of it. The first one happened to be while I was in my gargae a couple of nights ago. A Stanley scratch awl from my workbench fixed the problem. The second was away from home and I got so frustrated I just threw it away.
The only ones I see advertised are the high end ones.
Do you folks ever find need for a poker and if so what do you use?

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I haven't had to use one yet (of course now that I say this i'm screwed I'm sure), however I do have plans to order one from that place N2 got his. I just haven't decided what band to get on it...hehehe. 8)

I've heard you can use a wooden skewer if you're stuck and really need something laying around the house...but again, haven't had to try that first hand as of yet.
:wink:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Jerry (jck) has the Petroglyph designs poker. Very cool. I use a 1/16" stainless welding rod with a wine cork on the end. :lol:
Ditto. Wellm minus the cork. I formed a handle on mine, so it looks like a " T " .

It works well.

-----------------
RiverRat the Tinkerer.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I generally dont mess with cigar's that are smoking poor... I refuse to spend my smoking time in a pissy mood, it's really not that big of deal to chuck one, I have more.

I will give it one last chance to come alive with a little prompting from a bamboo skewer. You can get a ton of these for a buck or two at the grocery store. If the skewer works, great. If not get a new one, great.

Either way, I'm enjoying a cigar 8)

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pulse said:
I haven't had to use one yet (of course now that I say this i'm screwed I'm sure), however I do have plans to order one from that place N2 got his. I just haven't decided what band to get on it...hehehe. 8)

I've heard you can use a wooden skewer if you're stuck and really need something laying around the house...but again, haven't had to try that first hand as of yet.
:wink:

band partagas 155 Anni...would be great...wait till you see it.....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
N2Advnture said:
jckposter said:
band partagas 155 Anni...would be great...wait till you see it.....
Jerry - If you have some bands that you don't mind parting with (after you smoke some, of course), would you mind sending me a couple for when I order my poker? [-o<
Sweet....I have a band. Now what do I do???

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Man those are really cool looking, maybe for my birthday 8)

Ironman

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a cigar poker because there were occassions that I needed one and didn't have one.
I have not had a plugged gar since I bought the thing!
What a wise purchase. 8) I suggest you all get one! :D

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I herad that they're going to stop making those is that true??? I'd like to get one....... such a whore when it comes to accesories!!

J

jckposter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the one mark gave me ..alot better know that I havent stabed my self in the hand again.. :smt046

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I will bet you Penguin can make pokers like that. With his skills making pens that would have to be easy. He would just need the bands from some smokes.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Here is the JCK poker

The wood is an exotic called Wenge (pronounced when-gay :lol: ). Very cool looking and I haven't seen anyone else with it, that's why I picked it - unusual (in a good way), like Jerry :smt023 I think the grain is awesome!

Hehehe....ok hold the phone....wait one second....LMAO right now. When i read this all I see is:

N2Advnture said:
The wood is exotic.....when gay....like Jerry!
Oh my stomach!!!! HAAAAA HA HA!!!! :smt098 :smt064 (to Jerry/N2)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Viper139 said:
I will bet you Penguin can make pokers like that. With his skills making pens that would have to be easy. He would just need the bands from some smokes.
:lol: We have discussed that. He can make everything but the base but he may have worked it out. He is SO busy trying to fill Xmas pen orders, he hasn't had time to even smoke!!! Plus, the little fury bastage has been gifting a ton of cigars :shock: with his pens and is running very low :twisted:

If you have purchased one of his pens, then you know that he doesn't charge nearly enough for them.
I've been wanting to get one of his pens. those are beautiful. Maybe for my birthday in march, when pengy slows down production a bit, and catches back up. :) that would be cool if he also could make the pokers!

J

jckposter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulse said:
N2Advnture said:
Here is the JCK poker

The wood is an exotic called Wenge (pronounced when-gay :lol: ). Very cool looking and I haven't seen anyone else with it, that's why I picked it - unusual (in a good way), like Jerry :smt023 I think the grain is awesome!

Hehehe....ok hold the phone....wait one second....LMAO right now. When i read this all I see is:

N2Advnture said:
The wood is exotic.....when gay....like Jerry!
Oh my stomach!!!! HAAAAA HA HA!!!! :smt098 :smt064 (to Jerry/N2)

Sick Fuck... :smt097