What's new

Do you use a cigar poker?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cruising the web when I ran across this item. It may be a less expensive alternative poker. DrawPoker

Price: $19.99
Whatever the manufacturer, even with the best of cigars, one of the hazards of smoking hand rolled cigars is that occasionally you encounter one that is plugged and hard to draw, offering little option but to discard it as unsmokable. Now, however, there is a solution to this form of premium cigar roulette. Drawpoker is the answer to the plugged cigar. Simply inserting the Drawpoker down the length of the offending cigar opens it up, and the tight draw becomes a thing of the past. Now the cigar is freed of its obstruction and open to providing all the smoking pleasure for which it was intended. With just one or two uses of Drawpoker, you can save more than its cost and all the frustration of having to throw away your valuable cigars.
Cuts up to a 7 1/2 inch cigar.

Shipping Charge: $2.00
Quantity:

I found it at www.premiumhumidors.com under cutters, where it also shows a picture of the poker.

I hope this is useful.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
since i run into a plugged cigar only once in a great while, i use a bamboo skewer. works well enough for a cheap fix.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I was cruising the web when I ran across this item. It may be a less expensive alternative poker. DrawPoker

Price: $19.99
Whatever the manufacturer, even with the best of cigars, one of the hazards of smoking hand rolled cigars is that occasionally you encounter one that is plugged and hard to draw, offering little option but to discard it as unsmokable. Now, however, there is a solution to this form of premium cigar roulette. Drawpoker is the answer to the plugged cigar. Simply inserting the Drawpoker down the length of the offending cigar opens it up, and the tight draw becomes a thing of the past. Now the cigar is freed of its obstruction and open to providing all the smoking pleasure for which it was intended. With just one or two uses of Drawpoker, you can save more than its cost and all the frustration of having to throw away your valuable cigars.
Cuts up to a 7 1/2 inch cigar.

Shipping Charge: $2.00
Quantity:

I found it at www.premiumhumidors.com under cutters, where it also shows a picture of the poker.

I hope this is useful.
Nice find!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm telling you, a long slender drill bit. You pick them up at Home depot. Gently twist the bit into the cigar, tapping occasionally to release the tobacco dust. Test the draw. If necessary twist a little farther. I found a poker just shoved the tobacco around where the bit removed a tiny amount and let them smoke. Works great and because you are rolling the bit in, you have control versus pushing a sharp instrument.
Now that's a good idea :thumbsup: