What's new

Does having a vast selection...

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Interested to see what you guys think. Do any of you guys have a tough time selecting what you're gonna smoke on a day to day basis? I realize that there is always something you may be saving for a special day, or hoarding for fear of the apocalypse, but how long does it normally take you guys to choose what you're going to smoke? A few minutes? Do you sit at work and think if what you're going to smoke when you get home? I realize there are many variables here, but the if you have larger collection, do you have a harder time choosing?

Almost like, being indecisive by having too many options? (There's never too many cigars, I know)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Usually takes me about 5 minutes of standing in front of my storage devices to evaluate my mood, how long I want to smoke, and what flavors I'm feeling. That usually narrows it down as my stash is respectable but not large

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
My cigars are all over the map price size type etc. I have my htf humi (150 ct) and a htf cooler. A singles cooler and a singles humi (300 ct) then my organized, for the lack of a better term, humi (150 ct) and box cooler. If I want a liga its in my box cooler cuz they still in the boxes. If I want everyday cigar I go to my singles humi. If I cant find anything then I go to my singles cooler. If I want something specific I go to my organized humi.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Very funny you bring this up. I must go back and forth between my humis 5 times before settling. The whole process takes probably 15 minutes. So stupid. And forget about taking 5 with me to a card game. I'll be there forever. I recently started having my wife pick numbers that coincide with rows, then sticks etc. makes it easier for me. Hahahha.

-Jared

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I don't know what I want until I open up my humidor. It takes me about a minute to figure it out. There are certain sticks though that never last in my humidor.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I know what I am generally in the mood for as far as size and strength so it never really takes that long to find something that will work.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very funny you bring this up. I must go back and forth between my humis 5 times before settling. The whole process takes probably 15 minutes. So stupid. And forget about taking 5 with me to a card game. I'll be there forever. I recently started having my wife pick numbers that coincide with rows, then sticks etc. makes it easier for me. Hahahha.

-Jared

Hahaha that is F'ing funny right there. But I can't laugh to hard because I can't make up my damn mind. I'll grab a stick go outside and change my mind and have to go back in and grab a different stick. Haha

Heath

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I go by size and amount of time allotted. Then I have a look inside and decide. Takes about 30 seconds of standing with a puzzled look on my face. There are somedays that scream lancero to me though! Also, so,entices when I get a new box I rip that sucker open as soon as I get home and spark one up ROTT.
When I have to take a 5er for travel, it usually follows a theme. Brand, size, wrapper...
Not saying I have a vast selection, but there are a few to choose from!

KK33

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
LoL great question! I am not the only one who stands there looking in the vino and says hmmm for a good 5 minutes. Alot has to factor in regards to time allotted to enjoy one as well. But yah I touch organize move put back and then finally grab one lol.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeah I pour a "while I decide drink" ...sometimes I do know what I'm gonna smoke and will go directly to it or I'll have a pairing lined up. But on a regular day I'll have my while I decide drink while I decide lol

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I have used up all my smoking time before trying to find the right cigar, only to have to put it away because it got to late. Sad, but true!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I dont find it all that difficult....

I have 4 or 5 "go to" sticks that I reach for about 50% of the time....

The rest are there for "special" occasions.. or to fit time requirements... or just to give a change of pace.. etc..

On a "regular" day.. I just reach in and grab a "go-to"...

On days there are other influencers (time, meal, friends, etc..etc..etc..)... It takes maybe a minute to figure something out....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to see what you guys think. Do any of you guys have a tough time selecting what you're gonna smoke on a day to day basis? I realize that there is always something you may be saving for a special day, or hoarding for fear of the apocalypse, but how long does it normally take you guys to choose what you're going to smoke? A few minutes? Do you sit at work and think if what you're going to smoke when you get home? I realize there are many variables here, but the if you have larger collection, do you have a harder time choosing?

Almost like, being indecisive by having too many options? (There's never too many cigars, I know)
It's does make it more complicated, but also part of the fun digging through a fridge and various humidors for long forgotten treasure!
Also, the point about the apocalypse is real. Taxes in Australia have gone up a huge amount since 2010 and are poised to go up 12.5% a year for the next 4, making taxes more $$$ often than the initial box price. Many of us have started hoarding for when the time comes it'll get to pricey as a hobby.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Says the guy who was recently bombed with more cigars than he could count in an hour... you have good reason for being indecisive Shark.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I can stand there for quite some time deciding since I have various humis.

What I've been doing is weekends alone are for trying new sticks and when I go out its for repeats of what I like. Anything at work are quickies like baitfish or half cc just to get a fix. I found that approaching it this way stopped me from sitting there for 30 minutes frozen with excitement and indecision

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am a game time decision guy. I have 2 humidors. 1 is an everyday sticks humi and 1 is a CC and HTF type stuff. If I am smoking on a weeknight I head for the everyday sticks because I am not afraid to put it down if I am not feeling it or am getting tired. On the weekends I usually head for the other humi. Usually only takes a minute or two of starring at them to decide.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Yes, I do think about what I'm going to smoke when I'm at work :)

For NCs: The top shelf of my desktop is usually where I put my "smoke soon" selection. These are an assortment of sticks that have peaked my interest at some point in the recent past and I put aside to smoke in the near future. I normally just choose from them. If at some point during the day I remember a cigar I would like to revisit, find a gem when playing cigar tetris with my stash, acquire a new stick I would like to try, smoked a cigar that I want another of, etc., then that stick goes on the top shelf for me to select from later.