What's new

DogFish Head 120 minute IPA

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Spoke with a distributor today. 120 will be in shops either next week or the week after depending on location and delivery schedules.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Any suggestions on packing u p beer to ship via PO?
Use Medium Flat rate box if it's a couple/few beers or Large Flate rate if needed, bubble wrap the bottles fairly well, use eggshells or some other form of packing material inside so the bottles don't move around. Tell the post office worker "no" when they ask if there's liquid in the box. Simple as that. :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I worked at UPS for 10 years.

No way would I put a bottle through their system.

I can't imagine USPS or FedEx putting each package on a silk pillow as they are sorted and loaded. I guess I figure they all treat their cargo the same. The way to get items shipped safely is to pack each box to survive about a six foot drop without breaking or ripping open the package.

As far at comparing UPS/FedEx to USPS, no contest, the USPS tracking is useless.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
120 showed up at one of my local beverage centers today and is almost sold out already, hopefully they have a bottle left tomorrow. I feel like Im chasing the Monster Series of beers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anyone who is shipping this stuff. I’ve shipped a ton a brews over the years (even Growlers)
A few hints
1) don’t ever use the USPS its illegal to ship brews across state lines

2) its best to use bottle shippers
http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/category/Wine-Shipping-Kits?mid=169

3) here is a good tutorial on packing along with other hints
http://alewatcher.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-trader-tips.html#Packaging

4) I always after I finish packing, drop my box from chest height. If you are not comfortable doing that, then use more packing material

Oh ya I recently drank a 120 in a 750 ml. It was at least 5 yrs old and it was unbelievable

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
anyone who is shipping this stuff. I’ve shipped a ton a brews over the years (even Growlers)
A few hints
1) don’t ever use the USPS its illegal to ship brews across state lines
All of your points a great, I prefer using wine shippers when possible.

One question I guess. Isn't it illegal to ship across state line regardless of what shipper you use? Whether it be UPS or USPS? The shipee is suppose to have a valid liquor license and also licensed to ship to the state in question.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All of your points a great, I prefer using wine shippers when possible.

One question I guess. Isn't it illegal to ship across state line regardless of what shipper you use? Whether it be UPS or USPS? The shipee is suppose to have a valid liquor license and also licensed to ship to the state in question.

Thanks
You are right. From what I have seen on the other beer trading forums. Fed/Ex and UPS just slap your hands and the USPS tends to turn you in

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I try to find retailers that skirt the rules. I don't live in a state where you can legally ship any alcohol into.