What's new

dogwatch radio

Rating - 80%
4   1   0
Anyone keep up with dogwatch cigar radio? I'm sitting out on my patio smoking a diesel having a few glasses of green label and listening to this podcast for the first time and enjoying it very much. Had to make my wife a stacked long island so she's passed out in bed haha anyone else have any opinions on the show

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I was big on it months ago, but I've found it's boring lately. They had a third guy guest hosting a few weeks ago, which was an improvement. Need to bring him back. They stopped doing the darkside segment now also.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I really enjoy DogWatch... In my opinion, I think Bob & Dale are the perfect match as far as personalities being opposite enough to make it good. I honestly can't stand "Doc" Stogie Fresh, and I try and try to listen to the Cigar "Authority" ... He's a joke... Anyway... I digress.

I really like DogWatch. Been listening for about 3 years or so, now. ERDoc, on here, and AngryBill contribute call-in reviews. And Craig that guest spots on there is a member on here, too...

Rating - 80%
4   1   0
I really enjoy DogWatch... In my opinion, I think Bob & Dale are the perfect match as far as personalities being opposite enough to make it good. I honestly can't stand "Doc" Stogie Fresh, and I try and try to listen to the Cigar "Authority" ... He's a joke... Anyway... I digress.

I really like DogWatch. Been listening for about 3 years or so, now. ERDoc, on here, and AngryBill contribute call-in reviews. And Craig that guest spots on there is a member on here, too...
Very cool. I did not realize that. I'm super excited about the expo next year in Orlando cause I will deffintly be attending that one

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have been listening for almost a year now and love it. They have great info on the cigar industry, thoughtfull reviews, and there is a professionalism that others (Blowin Smoke) just dont even try to attain. The live podcasts are great as well because you get to actually ask them questions and interact with others live (nice bonus). I have listened to almost all others and will say that Doc Stogie Fresh does do a great job as well, the fact he smokes a few of the cigars before he even reviews is quality, but sometimes I just find his voice and entertaining style a bit gimmicky.
You could say that some of us on here are fans, as we have attended their Nicaraguan/Dominican cigar tours with them...which I HIGHLY recommend.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I had to give up on them years ago. Bob became insufferable after he did the Tobacconist University thing. Add that to the horrid (sorry for the understatement) sound quality, and I was forced to remove it from my iTunes. I really liked the info they had, and listening to Colin Ganley was always a good time.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've been listening for over a year. I like them and the show provides info on manufactures I sometimes miss. Sometimes bob pissed me off when he gets on his rag about CC's. He couldnt be more wrong IMO about current production.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I've listened a couple times but haven't in awhile. It's entertaining when I can't find music I enjoy or have company. I think I'll check it out again today if possible. Blowinsmoke134 is also one of my fav's.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I need to start listening to DogWatch again. I really enjoy Blowin' Smoke and keep up with those. DogWatch is cool when ERDoc calls in and gives one of his amazing reviews. He sounds so professional and really does a great job.

Cheeseburger

nom nom nom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on them twice. Can't stand the production quality and it's a bit boring in my opinion. Sure there's a lot of info, but that doesn't keep the entertainment factor up.

Stogie Fresh 5 is alright, short podcasts but straight to the point. BSP is funny if you have a weird sense of humor and the Cigar Authority can be pretty funny at times.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I need to start listening to DogWatch again. I really enjoy Blowin' Smoke and keep up with those. DogWatch is cool when ERDoc calls in and gives one of his amazing reviews. He sounds so professional and really does a great job.
ERDoc does an amazing job...

Jake, did you realize that Dale is planning on being at Outlaw for the Pete/Pepin event next month?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I never seem to have enough time at work to devote to listening to a whole episode at once. I did try Dogwatch once and turned it off after a few minutes. Of course, Doc Stogie can be a little gimmicky too, but I have listened to a few of his. I really appreciate his thoroughness and he does come across objective.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Alright - you guys are making me blush.

I enjoy DogWatch because it's like hanging out with a couple old friends and talking cigars. Some weeks get a little long-winded, but most weeks are just right.

Bob is opinionated and unapologetic about it - just the way he is. Dale is much more practical and more like me. I like the balance they bring to the show.

Dale is coming to KC in a couple weeks and will be meeting up with all us DogWatchers at Outlaw. Looking forward to it.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Alright - you guys are making me blush.

I enjoy DogWatch because it's like hanging out with a couple old friends and talking cigars. Some weeks get a little long-winded, but most weeks are just right.

Bob is opinionated and unapologetic about it - just the way he is. Dale is much more practical and more like me. I like the balance they bring to the show.

Dale is coming to KC in a couple weeks and will be meeting up with all us DogWatchers at Outlaw. Looking forward to it.

And of course, I'm not going to be able to make it, now. :crytears:

Flyer75

Flyer Faithful
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I listen on my phone from work. I work the midnight shift so I love lighting up a smoke and listening to Bob and Dale. I have a ton of past episodes to catch up on. For a noob like me, I learn quite a bit from these two. Also enjoy ER Doc's call ins. Great stuff.

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that care...
I believe Dogwatch will be live tonight (Friday) between 7-8 pm Central time USA. The live version does not have all the cleaned up polish and inserted interviews of the final product, but is a different experience that some may want to try.
Here is the address:
http://www.livestream.com/cigar_radio

or just watch it from their site:
http://www.cigarmedia.tv/live/

Note: until the show goes live a previous older show may air, but the chatroom will be active.

Last edited: