What's new

dogwatch radio

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
For this week's show I did the Whats Hot, Whats Not Whats Next segment with Liz about Burning Leaf cigars! It turned out pretty well, I just hate hearing my own voice on that kind of stuff...

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
For this week's show I did the Whats Hot, Whats Not Whats Next segment with Liz about Burning Leaf cigars! It turned out pretty well, I just hate hearing my own voice on that kind of stuff...
Just listened to that part of the show... actually listening to Gary Heathcott's interview now.. :lookaroun

Annnyyywwaayyy... Great interview, Ben!

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah that was a good interview. I like how they do interviews from different parts of the country, smoking habits change in different areas. I thought you did very well.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I listen every week, sometimes live, sometimes not

I think Bob and Dale balance each other out nicely. Recommended.

Of course I may know of another podcast starting up too (hint hint) ;)

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
To the guys who are regular Dogwatch listeners...

Firstly, Dogwatch is my favorite cigar podcast, and frankly, is the only one I still listen to weekly.

Secondly... is it just me, or is the podcast becoming more and more about commercials? Seems like the sponsor mentions and ads are starting to overwhelm the actual cigar information. I realize they have to pay for the podcast to keep it free for us. Like I said, I'm not a hater... love the show, but it's beginning to feel a little too commercial, now.

Anyone else notice this?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have actually noticed an increase in commercials. And I'm with you that I'm a big fan and it's pretty much the only podcast I listen to about cigars. It seems like they are doing a break every 15 mins instead of every 20. I've never timed them and am just throwing out numbers but thats the best way I can describe it.

I'm also a little anxious to see if Bob's new employment with ECJ will have any influence on the show, for good or bad.

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the guys who are regular Dogwatch listeners...

Firstly, Dogwatch is my favorite cigar podcast, and frankly, is the only one I still listen to weekly.

Secondly... is it just me, or is the podcast becoming more and more about commercials? Seems like the sponsor mentions and ads are starting to overwhelm the actual cigar information. I realize they have to pay for the podcast to keep it free for us. Like I said, I'm not a hater... love the show, but it's beginning to feel a little too commercial, now.

Anyone else notice this?
Its probably a result of Bob quitting his job to go to ECJ and also the shows are about an hour and a half now intead of the 2 hours they used to be. At least I think they used to be longer..it seems like they were. In anycase if the show is shortened the commercial intervals would be as well. Also take into account that they recently got a bunch of new sponsers in a year or so and really haven't had any experience having so many so maybe they are figuring out a groove as well. send bob an email and ask him with the quick emailer on cigarmedia.tv

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Okay, I may officially be done with Dogwatch. I hate to say it... it's basically the only cigar podcast/show I still listen to.

Bob's always been kind of... uhm... I dunno how to describe it. But recently, he's been getting worse, I think. Dale has always kinda balanced him out with his laid back approach.

I'm just getting where the content, and personalities, are not making it worthwhile suffering through all the ads, etc.

It's a sad day for my podcast rotation...

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just finished listening to this weekends show. Does Bob seem to be getting more douchey about some things? Seems like in the last month or two on every show he's said something rude/blow off to Dale and if it would've been said to me I would've told him to go eat a sweaty donkey cack.

I'm not a fan of him cramming ECJ down our throats so much as well. /shrug Still the only show I'd listen to now. Although I've really been enjoying kiss my ash radio lately.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Just finished listening to this weekends show. Does Bob seem to be getting more douchey about some things? Seems like in the last month or two on every show he's said something rude/blow off to Dale and if it would've been said to me I would've told him to go eat a sweaty donkey cack.

I'm not a fan of him cramming ECJ down our throats so much as well. /shrug Still the only show I'd listen to now. Although I've really been enjoying kiss my ash radio lately.
I'm just glad I'm not the only one.

I really wish I could cut and paste several podcasts together: there are some things I like from Dogwatch, a FEW things I like from Doc Stogie Fresh, the "Meet Your Maker" segment from Kiss My Ash, and the ... uhm... well, NONE of The Cigar Authority. LOL

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Yeah I couldn't agree with you more on those picks. Seems we have similar tastes in what we'd like to hear.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I know others have noticed a bit of a change in Bob as well, it is a good thing Dale is so jovial. I still like the podcast, did notice the increase in commercials, and wondered what was up with that. I know you need a decent amount of bandwidth to keep things running smooth, which costs money, but what has changed in the last year to increase frequency of commercials ?
I am having a hard time with Cigar Authority as well with all those commercials, but if thats what it takes to stay afloat, then so be it.
Once again, its personal preferance, and I still think they have the most/best cigar info with not a lot of extra crap like; picking up retarded shit at walmart so you can laugh at a guy, getting in a scavenger hunt, talking about how bad a guy will be to date a waitress, or all the un-ending updates to a certain stogie-based website every week.
I love the effort that everyone from all podcasts put in, but I just cant be bothered with all the extra crap. I like my cigar info on my cigar podcasts, with some knowledgable people.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I know others have noticed a bit of a change in Bob as well, it is a good thing Dale is so jovial. I still like the podcast, did notice the increase in commercials, and wondered what was up with that. I know you need a decent amount of bandwidth to keep things running smooth, which costs money, but what has changed in the last year to increase frequency of commercials ?
I am having a hard time with Cigar Authority as well with all those commercials, but if thats what it takes to stay afloat, then so be it.
Once again, its personal preferance, and I still think they have the most/best cigar info with not a lot of extra crap like; picking up retarded shit at walmart so you can laugh at a guy, getting in a scavenger hunt, talking about how bad a guy will be to date a waitress, or all the un-ending updates to a certain stogie-based website every week.
I love the effort that everyone from all podcasts put in, but I just cant be bothered with all the extra crap. I like my cigar info on my cigar podcasts, with some knowledgable people.
Exactly!!

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, maybe Bob is under alot of stress lately or maybe he feels that the Dogwatch train can only be stopped when he hits the brakes..after all they are approaching 400 episodes and will probably hit that mark this year. I know stuff like that takes $ so they probably want the show to support itself instead of taking from their personal cash so much..hence all the commercials. The ECJ stuff? Hey Bob works for them..they saved him from his job..whatever it was, and now he gets paid to work in the wonderful world of cigars.. angry? no..jealous?..a bit. I know I will keep listening and I think the shows with guests like Craig or Colin help balance the show out and give it a new dimension..also Liz the nerf assasin shooting Bob..thats a fun dimension 2.