What's new

dogwatch radio

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Been listening for right around 6 years, and the show has changed a hell of a lot. Sometimes it bugs the hell out of me and I stop listening for a little while, but I still get quite a bit out of it. Do the ad's annoy me, especially when it sounds like they are going to make an interesting point then talk about coffee? Yup, they sure do, especially since I'm not a coffee drinker, no matter how "fresh" it is.

I'm all about any episode with Colin in it though, he has so many interesting stories, really enjoyable to listen to. I will continue to listen to them, I still enjoy it most of the time.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know others have noticed a bit of a change in Bob as well, it is a good thing Dale is so jovial. I still like the podcast, did notice the increase in commercials, and wondered what was up with that. I know you need a decent amount of bandwidth to keep things running smooth, which costs money, but what has changed in the last year to increase frequency of commercials ?
I am having a hard time with Cigar Authority as well with all those commercials, but if thats what it takes to stay afloat, then so be it.
Once again, its personal preferance, and I still think they have the most/best cigar info with not a lot of extra crap like; picking up retarded shit at walmart so you can laugh at a guy, getting in a scavenger hunt, talking about how bad a guy will be to date a waitress, or all the un-ending updates to a certain stogie-based website every week.
I love the effort that everyone from all podcasts put in, but I just cant be bothered with all the extra crap. I like my cigar info on my cigar podcasts, with some knowledgable people.
Very well said.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I gave a listen to Stogie Geeks, and then tried listening to Dogwatch, and couldn't. I'm sick and tired of an hour of ads and hearing bobs views on whatever bothered him enough to put him on one of his, "Ladies and Gentleman" rants, only to get little bits of anything concerning a cigar. I couldn't bring myself to care less about their views on anything but cigars on a cigar podcast, I don't listen to a cigar podcast to hear political thoughts, how many celebrities know your name or ANYthing not having to do entirely with cigars, I just don't care.

I could go on and on and on, but I'll leave it at - After 6 years, I'm done with Dogwatch.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks man! We can definitely improve but with two demanding jobs and being 90 miles away from each other it is a challenge that I am looking forward to. I appreciate the positive feedback. It makes it worth it. In the end we r just two guys who love cigars and decided to record our bi-monthly herf

Much appreciated.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks man! We can definitely improve but with two demanding jobs and being 90 miles away from each other it is a challenge that I am looking forward to. I appreciate the positive feedback. It makes it worth it. In the end we r just two guys who love cigars and decided to record our bi-monthly herf

Much appreciated.
That's what I like about your show, you sound like two guys I would hang out with, and just talk cigars. The whole laid back format that is entirely cigar focused really fits a void that I have found in what proport to be cigar "centric" podcasts. Not to mention, more than once I've had to stop what I'm doing because of laughing so hard.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I hate hate hate to say it... but I think I may be done with DWCR, as well. I shut it off pretty quick on this latest episode. There was very little cigar info in the first half of the show. It's been all about those cedar spills to light your cigar with, lately. So, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on listening, at least for a while. A sad day for me.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I hear you, Frank. The first half was all about the spills, and giving away the spills, then they go in on coffee for quite a bit longer. I was done by that point.

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies to all for getting off track with the show. We will tighten it up starting this week and hope to earn your listenership back again.

Bob
Certified Master Tobacconist

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Much appreciated.
You guys are spot-on. I know I have told you this privately as well, but you guys and Doc are the only shows I listen to that are an hour or more - focused content, fun to listen to, etc... and thanks to you guys for supporting my efforts! :)

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they were branching back out into the dogwatch social club days with all the coffee, wine, and cedar spill (which is a cigar tool..i suppose) talk. Broadening the old horizons but not the show time. I guess you gotta find something to talk about..lets just remember that this is not either bob or dale's full time job that keeps the lights on. So if they want to keep getting cigars to review, purchasing unbanded cigars for shows when people suggest instead of send the sticks, or simply pay for the space on the old interwebs then they gotta keep sponsers happy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love dog watch radio. Great job guys. You volunteer your time so the rest of us have something to listen to while we're smoking. Keep up the good work.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I really enjoy listening to dog watch. I listen on my commute and while cutting the yard etc. Recently Jerry from Stogie Review was on and that was awesome. I hope Bob and Dale keep up the great work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Dogwatch and sport my pin that Bob sent me. I would like to hear more from Collin though. I always liked the shows he was on.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I listen to both. When I get bored with the content, I'll just fast forward or skip the episode. But due to the fact that I have a backlog on both, maybe I just wasn't paying attention to the deviations in content.

Thanks to both, please keep on doing those shows! But definitely focus mostly on cigars...I'd agree with that comment. Wouldn't want you guys to get off target like Cigar Aficionado!