What's new

Drew Estate 0_o

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm surprised to see a fe anti-Undercrown-ers. When they came out everyone was claiming it was the best cigar of the year, I thought it tasted like a turd.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I like the UC and smoked hundreds. I think they are bland compared to what they used to be and don't care for the Liga nearly as much anymore either. I still do buy some Liga now and then but it's nothing like it used to be.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When they came out everyone was claiming it was the best cigar of the year, I thought it tasted like a turd.
Hahaha... hold on... you waited till now to say it?:facepalm: I wouldn't call it a turd, but it doesn't rank with the Rustica or even the Fire-Cured, IMO. Still, I doubt it's worth the hype, but to be fair, I have a fiver cooling and will give 'er a second looksee.(y)

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hahaha... hold on... you waited till now to say it?:facepalm: I wouldn't call it a turd, but it doesn't rank with the Rustica or even the Fire-Cured, IMO. Still, I doubt it's worth the hype, but to be fair, I have a fiver cooling and will give 'er a second looksee.(y)
I have had 5 fire cured. Never got it. Seemed like I grabbed a log out of the fire pit and smoked it.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, I agree I was a bit harsh. I've tried two or three of them and was very underwhelmed, I gifted all but one so I will revisit eventually. I was sooo disappointed, I would definitely take an Ambos Mundos Sumatra over an Undercrown any day of the week...Tatuaje kills Drew Estate at this pricepoint and it(Ambos Mundos) is a couple dollars cheaper.

And no, I've said it several times on several forums. Seemed like I was the only one that didn't like them, closest to agreeing with me were the "It's good but overpriced" guys.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have had 5 fire cured. Never got it. Seemed like I grabbed a log out of the fire pit and smoked it.
If that's the case, you prolly won't like the Mesquite-based "Texas Fire Cured" that I suggested to DE. Of course they haven't agreed to produce it yet...

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I like the LP and Unico lines. I think they are way over priced though. My B/M (in Ohio) sells the T-52 7x54 for $18.99 and the No.9 Belicoso for $16.99. He wonders why I don't buy them from him and buy them online...I explain it. :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I love the Liga #9 and T-52 but they are special occasion smokes as I can't regularly smoke something that expensive. I put them on par with a Padron Anniversario anyday.

Willy Herrera did an excellent job with the Herrera Esteli. Love that cigar too but again I just can't afford them. Never cared for the undercrown.

The Naturals are interesting in that they are made with some pipe tobacco in them. I occasionally get a whim to light one up. I was sorry to see Saka leave and wondered what really happened behind the scenes.

I'd love to see with Saka is up to now. I could just listen to him talk cigars forever. Entertaining knowledgeable and a real down to earth guy. I still miss CigarNexus. :(

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The UC Corona Viva is a great cigar imo. The larger ones are medium bodied and pleasant, but not worth it really.
I like all the LPs. The 9 and T52 can be had for around $10 if you shop a little and wait for coupons/sales. They are worth it at that price.
The Nica Rustica is super earthy to me and you need to like that profIle or you'll hate it. I personally love them.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I love the Liga #9 and T-52 but they are special occasion smokes as I can't regularly smoke something that expensive. I put them on par with a Padron Anniversario anyday.

Willy Herrera did an excellent job with the Herrera Esteli. Love that cigar too but again I just can't afford them. Never cared for the undercrown.

The Naturals are interesting in that they are made with some pipe tobacco in them. I occasionally get a whim to light one up. I was sorry to see Saka leave and wondered what really happened behind the scenes.

I'd love to see with Saka is up to now. I could just listen to him talk cigars forever. Entertaining knowledgeable and a real down to earth guy. I still miss CigarNexus. :(
He posts on here increasingly more often.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm one of the few KFC lovers here...smoked one today at the b&m. They just got the Noteño in...in 1 size for $10.25 a stick..for that little flat cigar..eh no thank you.
I have always enjoyed most DE sticks but when they start going north of $8 then they a relegated to special occasion status or passed on.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'm one of the few KFC lovers here...smoked one today at the b&m. They just got the Noteño in...in 1 size for $10.25 a stick..for that little flat cigar..eh no thank you.
I have always enjoyed most DE sticks but when they start going north of $8 then they a relegated to special occasion status or passed on.
I like the KFC kyotos. Haven't had the other sizes, but might shell out the cash for a piggie