What's new

Drew Estate Pipe Tobacco

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
No thanks, it will be over priced, hard to find, and next year they will put out a tin of floor sweepings and call it Patata Asada to go with the meat pie.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The press release said it will retail for like $11.95 a tin, so not too pricey. And they are focusing on regular style pipe tobacco before they jump into some of the more "Drew" like offerings. I don't smoke a pipe very often but I will be sure to try it.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The press release said it will retail for like $11.95 a tin, so not too pricey. And they are focusing on regular style pipe tobacco before they jump into some of the more "Drew" like offerings. I don't smoke a pipe very often but I will be sure to try it.
No offence but, $11.95 for a tin of tobacco made by someone not known for pipe tobacco is high. Dunhill, one of the major names in pipe tobacco sell their tobacco cheaper than that. A 2oz tin of Penzance, the holy grail of pipe tobacco when in stock, sells for less than that. Now if they are packing 3oz tins at that price, then it's a different story.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No offence but, $11.95 for a tin of tobacco made by someone not known for pipe tobacco is high. Dunhill, one of the major names in pipe tobacco sell their tobacco cheaper than that. A 2oz tin of Penzance, the holy grail of pipe tobacco when in stock, sells for less than that. Now if they are packing 3oz tins at that price, then it's a different story.
None taken at all my man. I will be the first to admit I don't know a lot about pipe tobacco. Thank you for info. It looks like they are putting out 1.75oz tins, so that could be a bit pricey. I will still try it I am sure but I only smoke my pipe a few times a year.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I always felt like I was cheating on Drew Estate when in smoked my pipe... All better now....

I am hyped about the blends, Michael Cellucci has been smoking the pipe for a long time. I am giddy as a school girl.

Side note: I can't wait to try me some Meat Pie!!!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Tins have always been a bit of a hard sell unless a guy likes his tins. When we sell 40+ bulk tobaccos for around $2.35 an oz most will go for that instead. The Dunhill and Peterson tins are sought after amongst the pipe guys for sure. I sense a new wave of pipe smokers after this announcement, lol.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tins have always been a bit of a hard sell unless a guy likes his tins. When we sell 40+ bulk tobaccos for around $2.35 an oz most will go for that instead. The Dunhill and Peterson tins are sought after amongst the pipe guys for sure. I sense a new wave of pipe smokers after this announcement, lol.
I agree on the new pipe smokers new wave for sure Craig. LOL Btw, love your Open Championship avatar.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have never minded paying for expensive tins. I guess coming from cigars even the most expensive tin seems like a bargain. I get about 8 great smokes for $12.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have an idea for their add slogan and I am not being sarcastic...

Drew Estates making pipe tobacco?
Yeah right, when Pigs fly...