What's new

Drew Estate Pipe Tobacco

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The press release said it will retail for like $11.95 a tin, so not too pricey. And they are focusing on regular style pipe tobacco before they jump into some of the more "Drew" like offerings. I don't smoke a pipe very often but I will be sure to try it.
No offence but, $11.95 for a tin of tobacco made by someone not known for pipe tobacco is high. Dunhill, one of the major names in pipe tobacco sell their tobacco cheaper than that. A 2oz tin of Penzance, the holy grail of pipe tobacco when in stock, sells for less than that. Now if they are packing 3oz tins at that price, then it's a different story.
I don't smoke a pipe, but I agree with Russ on the Brand mark up.

Rene'

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just received our shipment last week. I've only tried Harvest on Hudson. Not really my cup of tea. I'm not a fan of aromatics. So the only one I can picture myself smoking on the regular is Meat Pie.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've got cherry jam, meat pie and black cavendish. Not too crazy about any of them. Meat pie is best but I smoke English and va not aros. Wanted to try them. Anyone up for trades?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I will let you know when I try it but from what I heard Meat Pie is much more balanced than Frog Morton. Its more of a fine balance between Virginia and Latakia. @Javajunkie may be able to tell us though.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
froggy has a slight aromatic component, like maybe some cavendish? it's done well, though, but a lot of people consider it a "crossover" english. meat pie is, so far, a really good english, with enough lat to make it bold, and some bright notes to give it contrast. darker than EMP and not as bass-heavy as nightcap, if you get my drift.

and keep in mind, i am still trying out a lot of blends and educating my palate in the pipe realm (not that i have a superpalate on the stogie side either), so take this a beginner's recommendation.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I tried Meat Pie yesterday...it reminds me of nightcap. I've only had one bowl and it seemed spicier than nightcap, while nightcap seemed smokier...it's good stuff

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Thank you for choosing CI. We apologize for the manufacturer delay on your order of the D.E Gilded Age Pipe Tobacco. It has just been brought to our attention, that due to manufacturer production issues this blend of pipe tobacco will not be available.
I received the above from CI yesterday.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah, there is a delay in the release due to name issues. Btw - I snagged all 7 tins yesterday for $67. That was one hell of a deal.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Thats unfortunate. I was looking forward to the gildedage. Im thinking the Grand Central may be up my alley.