What's new

Drew Estate Pipe Tobacco

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
The press release said it will retail for like $11.95 a tin, so not too pricey. And they are focusing on regular style pipe tobacco before they jump into some of the more "Drew" like offerings. I don't smoke a pipe very often but I will be sure to try it.
No offence but, $11.95 for a tin of tobacco made by someone not known for pipe tobacco is high. Dunhill, one of the major names in pipe tobacco sell their tobacco cheaper than that. A 2oz tin of Penzance, the holy grail of pipe tobacco when in stock, sells for less than that. Now if they are packing 3oz tins at that price, then it's a different story.
I agree with Russ on this. After finding out it's less than 2oz's I think that's a bit of a stretch on the dollar. I love Drew but sometimes you have to be sensible when it comes to peoples wallets.

Tins have always been a bit of a hard sell unless a guy likes his tins. When we sell 40+ bulk tobaccos for around $2.35 an oz most will go for that instead. The Dunhill and Peterson tins are sought after amongst the pipe guys for sure. I sense a new wave of pipe smokers after this announcement, lol.
So what's next...Rocky Patel? LOL I agree with you Craig but dealing with it everyday you know there are a shitload of blends out there that have already perfected the art of fine pipe tobacco. It will be interesting to see what happens with Drews baccy sales.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just to point out, MSRP and what it sells for are not always the same thing. they WANT it to sell for $12, but if someone can make their points off less, then they might sell it for less. thus, the internet.

personally, not geeked that all but two are aros, but these guys make it a point to really know tobacco, like really really know, so i could see it being something decent. and i will be buying some to sample. probably the navy flake, and maybe the meat pie on principle. o)

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Russ and everyone else, remember how long Dunhill MacBaren etc have been making pipe tobacco, they already have everything and now can focus on quantity which lowers price point and raises profits Drew is starting out new. I think thats fine for a boutique tobacco, look how much G.L. Pease is compared to Altidis. Me i will gladly pay and try cause why the hell not i don't have kids and i love trying new blends.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
CI has it for $11.99 Where did you see it for $8.50 Hosh? Link?
They must've just changed it back, I checked after it was posted here and they were listed at 8.50, now they are back to 11.99 :(