What's new

Drew Estate Undercrown

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
These should hit shelves late August/early September from everything I've heard.
That sounds right. From what I can remember, they're initially going to be released only to Liga account holders and if they're popular then they will start shipping them to all Drew Estate accounts.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I am quite looking forward to trying this one. I hate to say that I not often a fan of the Liga lines as they seem to overwhelm my palet. That said the OR Liga 9's now are fantastic to me so I stocked up hoping that the rest will mellow to the point of me being able to get the enjoyment most do out of them. I can tell that they are well made using high grade tobacco just a bit too much for me so a milder blend works well for me.

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
Undercrown is smoking really well right now. It is not as complex as Liga but also not as expensive. It should be a quality alternative and was extremely popular at the show. DE got a much larger positive response than they expected and have had meetings to bump up production.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
That sounds right. From what I can remember, they're initially going to be released only to Liga account holders and if they're popular then they will start shipping them to all Drew Estate accounts.
So there's hope that my local store may carry them eventually :glassesgr.

It should be a quality alternative and was extremely popular at the show. DE got a much larger positive response than they expected and have had meetings to bump up production.
My worry is that as with the other Liga lines the popularity may overwhelm the production capabilities and these may not be as easy to get as originally planned. I know some of the difficulties with the Liga stuff stems from supply shortages, but still I worry.

Dan

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The T52 is one of my favorite cigars so I would really like to see how the undercrown turns out. If it is the replacement the rollers came up with because they could not smoke T52s anymore then it should be good.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
OK so heard some great news, saw an interview with JD on stogiereview and he said that we should see a corona gorda "sooner rather than later" in the undercrown line. cant be soon enough, thanks JD and everyone at drewestates.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
So I wasn't able to get any pics due to being at work but it was a great cigar. You definitely get some Liga-esque flavor from it, somewhere between a T52 and a No. 9 I would say. Very rich with some nice spice. I had a toro and it burned for around 90 minutes, but keep in mind I was at work so I would take about 15-20 min off that time when just sitting and smoking it. For the price it is going to be a huge hit. I would call is med-full, closer to the full side, and definitely full flavor.

My hats off to you Steve, JD, and your talented rollers in Nica. They did a great job on this stick!

I agree, somewhere between the 52 and the #9. I prefer the 52. The cigar is rich and i think closer to the full side. The burn was not as perfect as the 52, but I've only had one, so once i get my hands on more of them i fully expect to learn more about the UC.

Bottom line I want more.....:thumbsup: