What's new

Drew Estate's BOTL Cigar Safari 2013, February 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Can someone tell me about these boots everyone mentions? My dad is coming along and has a boner over checking out these boots.....and I am willing to bet he wont even buy a pair.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Can someone tell me about these boots everyone mentions? My dad is coming along and has a boner over checking out these boots.....and I am willing to bet he wont even buy a pair.
Q: What are these boots I keep hearing about?

Well, there is a stellar boot maker in Esteli who has been making boots for people for the past few months. The boots are handmade and generally run around $100. Bring cash if you're interested.
Here you go

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Q: What are these boots I keep hearing about?

Well, there is a stellar boot maker in Esteli who has been making boots for people for the past few months. The boots are handmade and generally run around $100. Bring cash if you're interested.
Here you go
Thanks....but are these boots really that spectacular? I mean, am I gonna look like Tom Brady rocking a pair with skinny jeans?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It really depends on how much you spend.

Basically he is a very good local boot maker and you can get a steal of a deal imo... I think his typically $100 pair is on par with a custom made pair that you would pay $300 - $400 for in the US, and in turn, if you pay $400 you can get something that is like a $2,000 pair of customs.

HOWEVER, I would NOT pay this much for your first pair. What I would recommend to those interested is get a $100 or so pair made, wear them for a while and make sure he has the fit as you desire before commit to buying a really expensive pair. Then if you are happy, you can commit to another pricier pair in the future on return trip...

Look we are not in the boot business, we make nothing off the deal, can't warranty the work, etc. etc., he is just a local guy who is noted for making good boots, so I always suggest folks go with the caveat emptor motto in mind.

Hope this helps,

STS

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It really depends on how much you spend.

Basically he is a very good local boot maker and you can get a steal of a deal imo... I think his typically $100 pair is on par with a custom made pair that you would pay $300 - $400 for in the US, and in turn, if you pay $400 you can get something that is like a $2,000 pair of customs.

HOWEVER, I would NOT pay this much for your first pair. What I would recommend to those interested is get a $100 or so pair made, wear them for a while and make sure he has the fit as you desire before commit to buying a really expensive pair. Then if you are happy, you can commit to another pricier pair in the future on return trip...

Look we are not in the boot business, we make nothing off the deal, can't warranty the work, etc. etc., he is just a local guy who is noted for making good boots, so I always suggest folks go with the caveat emptor motto in mind.

Hope this helps,

STS
So basically what you're saying is that I wont look like Tom Brady rockin a pair of Uggs? Phhsh....LOL. Thanks for the info!

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Steve

I have a few quick questions about the trip:

What type of electrical service will be available: 110/120 VAC or 220/240 VAC

Is there Internet WiFi

If someone from the US needs to get in touch with me, is there a certain phone number at the factory in Esteli or should they call the DE office in Miami

Can we purchase Flor de Cana rum and bring it back to the US?

Will we be receiving a trip itinerary

Thanks

Rick

Last edited:
Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
Man I want to go so Bad, I hope all u guys going have fun.. I will try to get on a trip that way ive already been working on the wife lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Steve

I have a few quick questions about the trip:

What type of electrical service will be available: 110/120 VAC or 220/240 VAC

Is there Internet WiFi

If someone from the US needs to get in touch with me, is there a certain phone number at the factory in Esteli or should they call the DE office in Miami

Can we purchase Flor de Cana rum and bring it back to the US?

Will we be receiving a trip itinerary

Thanks

Rick
1) Standard 120v service - you need nothing special.

2) Yes there is WiFi at Cigar Safari, HOWEVER it is Internet Nica Style - so sometimes it works great, sometimes it don't, but most of the time it is just slower than you are use to or would like...

3) They can call Pedro Rodriquez's cell, he is the individual who is in charge of operating Cigar Safari - you will all get to know him quite well as he will be with you most of your stay. His cell number is +505 89223013 - the "+" is to be dialed as 011 from a US landline.

4) Yes, you can buy Flor de Cana at the Duty Free in the departing terminal - this is where I would recommend buying it - best prices and packed in a way US Customs likes. The duty free import limit into the US is 1L by law, however in practice, they typically do not tax you on a 3-ct 750ML Duty Free Pak - so you can bring 3 bottles typically with no taxes. You can bring more, but anything more may result in delays and anything greater than a case will definitely result in taxes and delays... IMPORTANT NOTE: If you buy booze in Nica, you will need to then repack it into your CHECKED BAGS after you clear US CUSTOMS as they will not let you take the DUTY FREE pak as carry on on your Miami to wherever connection! FYI, everyone gets their luggage in full to go through customs and then needs to recheck it on the other side - no bags are automatically routed to your connecting flight.

5) Trip Itinerary - no clue... we have a typical schedule of events, but we always adjust it slightly with each group - I suggest you email jbrooke@drewesate.com and ask him if we actually have a printed itinerary.

Hope this helps,

STS

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Allright guys, I'll be leaving for Chicago in the next couple of hours to begin safari week. Unfortunately I'm still in the stone ages and do not have a smart phone so I'll be offline until I get back from Nica. Take care brothers! I will be at Casa de Montecristo later today in the early afternoon in case anyone from BOTL will be there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.