What's new

Drew Estate's BOTL Cigar Safari 2013, February 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
@ Augusta Airport headed to MIA. Next stop ATL. See ya in Miami/Nicaragua.......

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Like most, I hope to go on this trip one day. Can't wait to hear stories and see pics from this upcoming trip

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
So I had a dream last night that we got to Nica and I had no money! Forgot all my cash at home! I woke up in a panic....
Don't drink the tap water. And don't forget the essentials:
several color copies of passport placed randomly - in case you lose your passport.
ear plugs - you may room with someone that snores a lot or will try to have conversations with you until 3 AM.
barf bags - those roads are bumpy. A slightly upset stomach from some heavy drinking the night before may warrant the precaution.
front pocket wallet - need I say more. pick pocketing your front pocket is much harder than your back pocket.
cheap cigar cutters - for whatever reason, everyone had trouble finding one every night.

I wish I could be there with you bro! Next year my wife has given me blanket approval to any cigar destination. That way, I can pull the trigger before it's sold out.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
So I had a dream last night that we got to Nica and I had no money! Forgot all my cash at home! I woke up in a panic....
Don't drink the tap water. And don't forget the essentials:
several color copies of passport placed randomly - in case you lose your passport.
ear plugs - you may room with someone that snores a lot or will try to have conversations with you until 3 AM.
barf bags - those roads are bumpy. A slightly upset stomach from some heavy drinking the night before may warrant the precaution.
front pocket wallet - need I say more. pick pocketing your front pocket is much harder than your back pocket.
cheap cigar cutters - for whatever reason, everyone had trouble finding one every night.

I wish I could be there with you bro! Next year my wife has given me blanket approval to any cigar destination. That way, I can pull the trigger before it's sold out.
-I dont drink water...water is for fish
-I'm rooming with my dad, I'd imagine. I'm used to his snoring.
-I dont drink...so no heavy drinking. I have an iron stomach.
-I might like it if someone tries to pick my front pocket...SHWING!
-Good call, I will toss a cheap cutter in my bag when I get home.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
-I dont drink water...water is for fish
Use bottle water when brushing your teeth. Never get ice, regardless of what someone says... my anti-ichthyoid friend.

I also remember the Russian like toilet paper... maybe you should also bring a role of Charmins.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bunch of pansies - the toilet paper? When I first went to Nica some twenty odd years ago there was no pavement for 120KM of the rut ridden Pan American into Esteli, we had water only 2 hrs a day, electricity was dream and I spent my first night with a chicken in my room (true)...

These Cigar Safaris is like going to the Ritz in comparison!

Sheesh... <snicker>

STS

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Bunch of pansies - the toilet paper? When I first went to Nica some twenty odd years ago there was no pavement for 120KM of the rut ridden Pan American into Esteli, we had water only 2 hrs a day, electricity was dream and I spent my first night with a chicken in my room (true)...

Sheesh... <snicker>

STS
That's rough...no mention of women so what happened to the chicken? Did you...choke..it? <dying laughing emoticon here> don't have them on tappatalk

Lol j/k couldn't resist

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0

Sheesh... <snicker>

STS
LMFAO...you're killing me. "Pansies" is a way to characterize some of the brothers going on this trip! :togetherl

In all seriousness, the Cigar Safari is one thousand times better than I trip I made to Honduras approximately 8 years ago. Clean rooms with air condition, hot water, someone that cleans your room, chef that makes all of your meals, killer cigars, amazing tours with unbelievable information for a cigar junkie, etc, etc... It's worth every penny and will be going again!

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
You guys are going to have a fantastic time!
Saka, that chicken story is amazing, i remember you telling that one the first time i came on Safari.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It really depends on how much you spend.

Basically he is a very good local boot maker and you can get a steal of a deal imo... I think his typically $100 pair is on par with a custom made pair that you would pay $300 - $400 for in the US, and in turn, if you pay $400 you can get something that is like a $2,000 pair of customs.

HOWEVER, I would NOT pay this much for your first pair. What I would recommend to those interested is get a $100 or so pair made, wear them for a while and make sure he has the fit as you desire before commit to buying a really expensive pair. Then if you are happy, you can commit to another pricier pair in the future on return trip...

Look we are not in the boot business, we make nothing off the deal, can't warranty the work, etc. etc., he is just a local guy who is noted for making good boots, so I always suggest folks go with the caveat emptor motto in mind.

Hope this helps,

STS
Shoe Estates lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Esteban Disla and I are very excited to have the HDLA (Hermanos de la Oja) as the first Cigar Safari group to visit Nica Sueno.

It will be great for you to see how a very small factory functions, all of the same core processes as a big factory in a small space....just like DE started.

Having been on a number of trips, Cigar Safari is hands down the best experience for seasoned cigar people and those that have been on other trips before.

For the past two years JD and Pedro have made us feel like LGFDE was our second home and Saka's mattress is the most comfortable in all of Nicaragua.

We will see you tomorrow.

Skip
Viviendo el Sueno!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.