What's new

Dude, plume doesn't grow through the cello!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would have to disagree. I have smoked a 20 year old punch that looked like it had diamonds covering portions of the wrapper.
View attachment 111860
I have some more in my wineador. I will take some pics tomorrow. I don’t know about the plume but it seems like the oils did crystallize.
That's a beautiful cigar. It would be a shame to not smoke it but there is a way to make $250 from it. Just send it in to the the mold study that is being undertaken and if it isn't mold or bacteria then you get $250. They haven't found one yet but maybe you've got one. Here's a link to the study http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/131757-foh-mould-study/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if they just smoke everyone’s cigars and send you a false lab report?? I would love to have sent one out and years later a report comes out that they were just smoking for free!! Lmao. Would love to be the butt of that joke pun intended...lol

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
try to name 5 businesses that have employees who are well versed in what they are paid to do.
today the whole world is moving towards the McDonalds business model, dumbed down to the point that they would hire baboons ,except that baboons are insulted by the job offer.
Damned few businesses care anymore.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I have a lot of old cigars, some from 1986,and I have never seen anything like this.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Our friend Cigary made a post discussing how the oils in some wrappers are contained in little pockets or bumps on the surface, commonly referred to as "tooth". If a toothy wrapper is allowed to age in the right conditions for a long time could the result be "plume" Sounds kind of like the standard definition of plume. The oils of toothy wrappers already on the surface dry out and crystalize?

I had a roller explain to me last week that they do not like working with some "toothy" wrappers because not only does it hurt the finger tips it also make their hands very sticky and difficult to work the leaf.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Our friend Cigary made a post discussing how the oils in some wrappers are contained in little pockets or bumps on the surface, commonly referred to as "tooth". If a toothy wrapper is allowed to age in the right conditions for a long time could the result be "plume" Sounds kind of like the standard definition of plume. The oils of toothy wrappers already on the surface dry out and crystalize?

I had a roller explain to me last week that they do not like working with some "toothy" wrappers because not only does it hurt the finger tips it also make their hands very sticky and difficult to work the leaf.
We all want to experience plume on our cigars but the truth is that plume ...while it does exist...is a veritable unicorn and in 50 years of this hobby have seen it 3 times. I have about 3000 cigars with some as old as 18 years old. One would expect a treasure trove of plume in at least 1% of all of them...no such luck. Let's say for the sake of hope that you discover that the tobacco Gods blessed you with a box of plumed up cigars...BFD...plume adds nothing to the quality or taste of any cigar because you don't smoke the plume. It's like the cosmic joke of "fools gold" where people think it makes a difference... it doesn't but the excitement it generates is comical at times because the reality is the plume is really mold as Icehog posted...99% of the time.

I'd rather keep the essential oils inside of the cigar rather than have them seep out and crystalize on the wrapper. The "toothy" wrappers are those tiny white pimpled bumps on cigars ...usually appearing on Sun Grown and Cameroon and Sumatra. As those essential oils rise onto the wrapper it will give off a better quality if the tobacco was cured properly...gives off a sweeter flavor...this is the only benefit of a "toothy" wrapper....smoother wrappers like a Connie will not usually be toothy.

Last edited: