What's new

Early morning smoking and discussion thread

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i jumped on the pipe train for a bit...the nice thing about it is that you can really adjust how much time you'll be smoking with how much baccy you use. its really nice to be able to smoke for like 15 min in the car. the pipe tobacco i smoked also didnt stink the car up like cigars do which was nice.

the sad part is that pipe smoke just doesnt have the same body as cigar smoke does. like drinking apple juice instead of actually eating an apple.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Hands down, I much prefer cigars over the pipe. It's just too damn cold here to enjoy a smoke outside in the winter.
PW, if you want to give it a go I'd be glad to help get you started (read: bomb).
kid was in our room at the snap of a finger
Growing up in Miami, I remember being that kid.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hands down, I much prefer cigars over the pipe. It's just too damn cold here to enjoy a smoke outside in the winter.
That makes sense. I have a workshop & propane heater, so that’s not an issue for me. What has shied me away from the pipe is the amount of maintenance you have to do to the pipe itself & I feel like it would always have a smell to it & would need to be left outside or in the shop.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have been down the pipe route as well. It is super relaxing and the aroma is amazing. But i prefer cigars for sure. Light and smoke, simple. No packing and tamping and hoping you get a good pack or else repacking, then multiple lights. I know with experience this gets much easier, but cigars are more enjoyable to me.
For the winter, shorter smokes and an electric blanket keep me good.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good morning;
Getting colder here. It's about that time again when I switch to pipes.
Another fellow piper...yessss!!!

Good morning! It’s cooling off here too.
Whew, idk if I can do the pipe thing.
Try the newbie pipe thread if you're interested. There's a process but a little time and patience will pay off IMHO.

Ive declined and avoided the pipe (tobacco anyhow) up till now. I keep getting pressured to try it....might have to give in and see what the hype is.
You should try it.....do you need some help down the slopes???? ;)

That makes sense. I have a workshop & propane heater, so that’s not an issue for me. What has shied me away from the pipe is the amount of maintenance you have to do to the pipe itself & I feel like it would always have a smell to it & would need to be left outside or in the shop.
There's really not too much maintenance in the pipe. When you're done with the bowl, run a pipe cleaner (or a few) through it until it comes out clean. Sit it down to rest maybe minimum of 24 hours. Corn cob pipes you can smoke the hell out of them bowl after bowl and no rest in between. I've also done that with a few of my briar pipes, but I'm very cautious hoping not to ruin them. You don't need big fancy expensive pipes. Although, yes they're amazing and some are phenomenal smokers. If anything, estate pipes would be a good start to some briar pipes.

If anyone would like some guidance, I'll be glad to help out and point you guys in the right direction. Just as many other experienced pipe smokers here have helped me as well.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Another fellow piper...yessss!!!

Try the newbie pipe thread if you're interested. There's a process but a little time and patience will pay off IMHO.

You should try it.....do you need some help down the slopes???? ;)

There's really not too much maintenance in the pipe. When you're done with the bowl, run a pipe cleaner (or a few) through it until it comes out clean. Sit it down to rest maybe minimum of 24 hours. Corn cob pipes you can smoke the hell out of them bowl after bowl and no rest in between. I've also done that with a few of my briar pipes, but I'm very cautious hoping not to ruin them. You don't need big fancy expensive pipes. Although, yes they're amazing and some are phenomenal smokers. If anything, estate pipes would be a good start to some briar pipes.

If anyone would like some guidance, I'll be glad to help out and point you guys in the right direction. Just as many other experienced pipe smokers here have helped me as well.
Why you wonna throw that temptation at me brother :). It sounds like, to me, that corn cob is the way to go if one were to head down that road. I might pick it up at some point, & if I do I’ll hit you up, but for now I’ll just stick with cigars.