What's new

East TN HERF

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'll go if Mwlabel goes.
I probably could, actually.

Would be a lot easier if it fell during my spring break, but since I don't have class on Fridays, and Mondays are optional... it's doable.
If we get enough interest out of guys that are driving "overnight" type distances.. Ill see about getting us a venue of some sort so that we're not all stuck in the back yard with dumb and dumber (shepherds) all day... I know the rednecks are used to it.. I dont know if the MN crew is prepared :) ...

and I will check into "housing" (my wife might be able to call in some favors and get some discounted hotel rooms for you guys).. .no guarantees.. but.. I'd be happy to see what I could arrange..

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
actually, distinspo and i have been talking about making the drive, if possible, and if you'd have us.

4/12, you say?
Im not wrapped around those dates.. I can adjust a little bit if another weekend would be better for the group... the weekend after is Easter though.. and the earlier we go, the more we risk cold weather (by mid April we're usually in the 50's around here.. but who knows what we're looking at with the way this winter has been)...

would love to have you and Dustin on board.. I think youre only about 3 hours away.. not much further than the SC crowd.. and if you need overnight accommodation.. I can see about hooking you guys up as well (again, no guarantees.. but I think there is a good chance I can pull something off..)...

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'll go if Mwlabel goes.
I probably could, actually.

Would be a lot easier if it fell during my spring break, but since I don't have class on Fridays, and Mondays are optional... it's doable.
If we get enough interest out of guys that are driving "overnight" type distances.. Ill see about getting us a venue of some sort so that we're not all stuck in the back yard with dumb and dumber (shepherds) all day... I know the rednecks are used to it.. I dont know if the MN crew is prepared :) ...

and I will check into "housing" (my wife might be able to call in some favors and get some discounted hotel rooms for you guys).. .no guarantees.. but.. I'd be happy to see what I could arrange..

What happened to Gatlinburg?

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I assure you; the Minnesota Botl

can withstand any kind of weather. Do you know what it's like here in July? And further… Do you know what it's like here in January?

We'll be just fine playing with the puppies :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Gatlinburg is still on the table..

We're just getting close to "season" for them.. so renting a cabin might be cost prohibitive..

Im planning on calling a couple of places in the morning though to see what sort of deal we might be able to get..

Last I checked, you could get a cabin that would sleep up to 20 people for less than $400 a night during the off season ($20 a head for a place to crash and hang out all day wouldnt be too bad).. but.. during "peak" season.. that same cabin can be upwards of $1000 a night.. and many of them are booked almost a year in advance.. (end sum.. looking at this as an option for everyone.. but.. not certain Im going to be able to pull it off)...

That doesnt mean we couldnt find a central meeting spot somewhere in the Gatlinburg area or around the Smoky Mountain National Park though.. As long as they have a grill.. or I can drag one of my own to the location.. we'll have red meat to eat :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I would possibly be able to make it
would love to have you... come on down! :)

Looks like this is getting plenty of attention/interest...

Ill start a new thread just to keep it easy to navigate... and start putting together an email list so we dont have to bombard the entire board with all the planning and details.. anyone that has an interest at this point (no requirement to commit this far out), shoot me a PM with your email address.... Ill keep posting all the "big" items in the new thread... but will keep all the minor details to email...

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Rupe, got any ff miles you need to spend? Or do I need to do as the man says and drag you there?

I can......
The main issue is that I have a trade show starting Monday of the following week (14th) and have to catch a plane out of Lacrosse WI on that Sunday the 13th to get there. Unfortunately the logistics of that weekend just don't work. :shame:

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Gatlinburg is still on the table..

We're just getting close to "season" for them.. so renting a cabin might be cost prohibitive..

Im planning on calling a couple of places in the morning though to see what sort of deal we might be able to get..

Last I checked, you could get a cabin that would sleep up to 20 people for less than $400 a night during the off season ($20 a head for a place to crash and hang out all day wouldnt be too bad).. but.. during "peak" season.. that same cabin can be upwards of $1000 a night.. and many of them are booked almost a year in advance.. (end sum.. looking at this as an option for everyone.. but.. not certain Im going to be able to pull it off)...

That doesnt mean we couldnt find a central meeting spot somewhere in the Gatlinburg area or around the Smoky Mountain National Park though.. As long as they have a grill.. or I can drag one of my own to the location.. we'll have red meat to eat :)

Right On, I'm game for anything really.

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Rupe, got any ff miles you need to spend? Or do I need to do as the man says and drag you there?

I can......
The main issue is that I have a trade show starting Monday of the following week (14th) and have to catch a plane out of Lacrosse WI on that Sunday the 13th to get there. Unfortunately the logistics of that weekend just don't work. :shame:

Pick a date then. What works????

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
actually, distinspo and i have been talking about making the drive, if possible, and if you'd have us.

4/12, you say?
Im not wrapped around those dates.. I can adjust a little bit if another weekend would be better for the group... the weekend after is Easter though.. and the earlier we go, the more we risk cold weather (by mid April we're usually in the 50's around here.. but who knows what we're looking at with the way this winter has been)...

would love to have you and Dustin on board.. I think youre only about 3 hours away.. not much further than the SC crowd.. and if you need overnight accommodation.. I can see about hooking you guys up as well (again, no guarantees.. but I think there is a good chance I can pull something off..)...
with that kind of drive, we could do same day easy. and, if it comes to it (and i hope it does), he's got a built-in DD. o)

and, for the record, this fat kid has NO problems hanging in the back yard, puppies or no! there will be caffeine, right?

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
If we are going to gatlinburg I will need to stop in pigeon forge for a pizza I can't get enough of big daddy's pizza place. I could eat that daily lol. Me and the wife and kids are in gatlinburg area at least twice a year love the smokey mountains. Even got married down there