What's new

East TN HERF

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I don't know about you all but I'm not going to be too good at following those rules Dave laid down.
OH, I plan on being a good boy and following the rules however that's not to say I may not already have a workaround planned. :eyebrow:

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I don't know about you all but I'm not going to be too good at following those rules Dave laid down.
OH, I plan on being a good boy and following the rules however that's not to say I may not already have a workaround planned. :eyebrow:
Still have a few weeks everyone. Bomb all the smokes you plan on smoking while your there to him. So that way your technically smoking his smokes and won't have to bring any inside...

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Still have a few weeks everyone. Bomb all the smokes you plan on smoking while your there to him. So that way your technically smoking his smokes and won't have to bring any inside...
dude, you tell people the easter bunny and santa aren't real, don't you? still, doesn't count if you aint there to be held accountable...

just kidding, dave, the armistice still holds.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
just stirring the pot. lol. i would love to come but cant, if it goes well maybe you do it next year.

if you dont level the house that is

Last edited:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Im going to be loaded up with yard gars after coming back from cigarfest at the end of the month... I am gonna destroy yours and johns mailboxes with 5lbs of $2.00 sticks lol...

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I think I still remember how to mark an LZ (AA school was a LONG time ago..)... not sure if the back yard is big enough.. but we can make something work :)

I dunno about time... what works best for everyone else?

My plan was to throw the brisket on about 8AM.. that would have it ready to eat between 5-6 PM... (it takes about an hour and 15 to an hour and a half, per pound... and normally anything smaller than 6lbs isnt worth buying... then it needs about 45 mins to an hour to "rest" after it comes off the fire).. Ill probably buy an 8 pounder if I can find a nice one.. if that happens.. my morning will start about 530 AM :(

I had thought if everyone/anyone is interested in making this an all day affair.. I could throw some brats/burgers/whatever on the grill about noon... and we can start whenever...

if no one is up for the evening hours.. not a problem.. the only change is the "good" food wont make it to the table for a mid day HERF...

What does everyones schedule look like?

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I was planning on getting there some time around noon. If there's going to be brats I may be there a little bit earlier though......Want to make sure I save room for some awesome brisket.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Sounds like earlier is better than later for most everyone...

How about we say from noon... until "whenever"... knowing that brisket/ribs/whatever I can come up with.. will probably not make it to the table until 6PM....

If a couple of people cant make it until the later hours.. we can always look at a follow on rendezvous at Baker Peters, smoke a few sticks and have a couple of single malts there, etc...

Will send a PM to everyone that has expressed interest so far with an address and basic directions.... just get back with me within the next week or so with confirmation of "making it" or "not this time" so that I know how much meat to throw on the smoker and how many quarts of moonshine to pick up in advance :)

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Giving this a bump........

Anyone else plan on coming to Knoxville on the 20th? Let's let Dave know so he knows how much food to prepare.

If anyone needs a ride from the Nashville area, I'll be heading out about 9:30 and can give you a lift.

Right now we're tentatively looking at only 6 people so we could actually use about 15-20 more to REALLY make this a party!!!

Last edited: