What's new

El Triunfador Lanceros

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm out of money, but I'd love to trade somebody for 2-3. PM me if you have a couple extras and we can work something out!
Thanks!

TYLER

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Cienfuegos actually.......
Very nice cigar Pete. The rougher dark wrapper is like a siren with promises of things to come. Except this siren comes through. I like the sweetness and although it is a litle milder than most of my smokes lately, the huge amount of flavor more than makes up for it. I could see smoking these all the time if they were not limited.

Thank you for a fine cigar.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Cienfuegos actually.......
Historically, where does El Triunfadore come from? I did a little digging in some of the books I have of Pre-Revolution brands and found that La Riqueza was under the Quintero Y Hnos. ownership ( D'Clouet 16 is the old factory address that is on the trimming for the current La Riqueza) but haven't had much luck with the El Triunfador history. I have seen & had old El Triunfador bands in the past (yes, I collect & trade them) but would dig on a history lesson if you can.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
Got my 5'er this weekend and of course immediately lit one up. Wow, what a great stick. Not what i expected, a little more smooth and medium bodied, not quite as much spice as i thought it may have, nonetheless it was a fantastic smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scratch that, checked my resources... there are *120* boxes. And he's not even considering production again until about 2010-2011... egh... :( I GET MY BOX FRIDAY:)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Scratch that, checked my resources... there are *120* boxes. And he's not even considering production again until about 2010-2011... egh... :( I GET MY BOX FRIDAY:)
Dude. Welcome to BOTL. Try introducing your self in the intro thread.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
This info is straight from the horses mouth. If in doubt, ask Dan or Pete (They are good friends). There is nothing about being released again in 2011 or only 120 boxes made and that is straight from the man's mouth. It's all about protecting the brand. Not sure who your anyone's source is, but it doesn't get any better than from the man himself!

Maybe Pete will shed some more light on it!

No matter what, they are yummy and I wanna smoke more.. Damn, they are addicting like the La Riq's . hehe

Box of 25 El Triunfador Lanceros (7 1/2 x 38) packaged and sealed with a large Humidipak for humidified shipping!

Well, good secrets are hard to keep. When word about this small batch release by Pete Johnson hit - the wait was on for this new blend to start shipping. Available in very small quantities - this lancero was created to establish the El Triunfador name from it's Cuban past. Another old Cuban brand name brought to life again. The papeleta design was taken from the original cuban artwork. For this lancero, the packaging is simple. 25 Cigars are bound by a ribbon and wrapped in wax paper inside a simple, vertical box with a slide top. Padded inside, at the top and bottom for shipping - these pigtail lanceros are safe and ready to enjoy.

According to Pete, this blend is for the lancero only. If El Triunfador is turned into an entire brand - the blend and packaging will change for the other sizes. Just released in Sept. 2008 - this vitola is available at only a few vendors and will continue to be made "in small quantities here and there".

With a naturally dark, Connecticut Brown

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Good info Bill. And i got the same info from the same sources. So i 2nd what you're saying and know it to be true and correct.

Now i just need to smoke one of those badboys! Maybe tonight?! I'll have to break my 3 week resting rule