What's new

ELO 1s/3s

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've not had the OR's but the ELO6 that I had was great 5 hours off the truck. I had to grab a bundle of each of these but these three bundles are really messing with the remainder of my 2011 cigar budget.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
got my five pack! I still have the original release from a long time ago, so it should be interesting to compare the two.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
5er of these sound tempting, as i never tried the or's. Yes it is a different vintage, but im sure theyre pretty good.... Same blend after all.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Still a good chance they won't be identical as were the overruns, right?
The overruns were identical. The only difference was that they were the end of the run ... i.e. by the time the ELO1/3 were available the initial boxes of the the banded versions (the ones with the funky names) were probably about a year old.

That's the reason some people have said they liked the ELOs better than the banded versions ... what they really meant (whether they realize it or not) is that they prefer these sticks fresher.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The overruns were identical. The only difference was that they were the end of the run ... i.e. by the time the ELO1/3 were available the initial boxes of the the banded versions (the ones with the funky names) were probably about a year old.

That's the reason some people have said they liked the ELOs better than the banded versions ... what they really meant (whether they realize it or not) is that they prefer these sticks fresher.
Yes I do.... These will be smoked in no time at all! I found a westie hiding over the weekend, my last one... It was a great smoke, it didn't lose much, but I have to say I prefer these much fresher!

Cant wait!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yes I do.... These will be smoked in no time at all! I found a westie hiding over the weekend, my last one... It was a great smoke, it didn't lose much, but I have to say I prefer these much fresher!

Cant wait!
Yea, it's a trade-off. I have some West and East left as well. They are much smoother (retrohale every bit baby!), but also have noticeably less spice and vitamin N than they used to. Both are good. Since I already have some of the aged ones, I'm looking forward to some fresher ones! Though I suspect I'll still age most of the new ones for a few months.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Smoked an ELO3 yesterday. Very good cigar. It burned for a really long time so I had to power smoke it and it still took 1.5 hours! These are very strong cigars and the balance is a little off in terms of the strength to flavor ratio. Time will help to bring this back into balance. I am going to fire up on ELO1 in the next few min and report back.