What's new

Emergency wineador purchase

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Guess it's just my luck.

I bought it off another member here with the shelves and drawers in it already and it worked fine for him for years. The only thing I can think of is that my house gets way too hot and that's throwing it off which sucks if that's the case. When I open up the door the RH goes up almost immediately so I'm guessing it doesn't have a leak other wise the RH would be high. If I can't get this to work during the summers I might just have to sell it, waiting for it to cool down and see if that's the problem.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Guess it's just my luck.

I bought it off another member here with the shelves and drawers in it already and it worked fine for him for years. The only thing I can think of is that my house gets way too hot and that's throwing it off which sucks if that's the case. When I open up the door the RH goes up almost immediately so I'm guessing it doesn't have a leak other wise the RH would be high. If I can't get this to work during the summers I might just have to sell it, waiting for it to cool down and see if that's the problem.
You're using an active humidifier in a standard wineador and can't get the rH to rise? Something's very wrong there. Active humidification is way overkill, imo. I'm guessing it has to do with the cooling working overtime.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That's the only thing I can think of is the unit is having to cool too much to meet the desired temp and it's killing the RH. That was the reason I went with the Oasis cause I thought it would solve that problem. The KL, beads or Boveda packs weren't doing it so I thought for sure the Oasis plus would do it cause it's meant for 1000 cigars but still no luck. I even tried adding extra fans in the unit to circulate the rh more but that's not working either.