What's new

Ending my relationship with Gurkha

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ag
I tried one of these again based on @StogieFisher recommendations (I know, I know).. they really aren't bad. Just a smooth, easy going stick for fishing or whatever.. but you can't look at retail with the Gurks, they're all over the place.. a 5er of beauty can be had for less than $20. Sometimes around $2/ea.

But, there's still much better sticks out there in the $2 range, so...
Agreed. And thats part of their marketing strategy, retail is $20 so must be one hell of a cigar, sell them marked down 90% :0 dude your getting a Killer deal! Smart, but i aint a dummy.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I still like the Ghost but that's about it.
I remember enjoying it the last time I had it, maybe 2013ish? Havent bought it again though, might be a reason for that....

@GaryPoe you might try the Ghost Angel, Gurkha Cellar Reserve Limitada and maybe the Red Witch. Havent had these in a long time but would be interested to hear your thoughts. Obv there are many other cigars I would recommend over these but since youre on this Gurkha kick those might be worth examining.

Ill never forget the review Saka did on the Majesty's Reserve. He posted it on Facebook some time ago and it was amazing. Its worth the lolz if you can dig it up.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I remember enjoying it the last time I had it, maybe 2013ish? Havent bought it again though, might be a reason for that....

@GaryPoe you might try the Ghost Angel, Gurkha Cellar Reserve Limitada and maybe the Red Witch. Havent had these in a long time but would be interested to hear your thoughts. Obv there are many other cigars I would recommend over these but since youre on this Gurkha kick those might be worth examining.

Ill never forget the review Saka did on the Majesty's Reserve. He posted it on Facebook some time ago and it was amazing. Its worth the lolz if you can dig it up.
Did this just go from #neveragain to #gurkhalove???

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gurkha "Beast"
Ive had this one before memory has struck me. Pre light Sweet Cocoa and coffee on the maduro wrapper, plain tobacco cold draw. Light up 6:10pm Good start, smokes a ton. Good burn. First third was cocoa and a hint of coffee, touch of leather. Into the 2nd third all flavors fall on their face. Nasty bittery sour tobacco crap. I am done at mid stick. An absolute joke. I remember now I threw my first Beast I20180927_181310.jpg had in the road as well. 2 times a charm. #NEVERagain

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Gurkha "Beast"
Ive had this one before memory has struck me. Pre light Sweet Cocoa and coffee on the maduro wrapper, plain tobacco cold draw. Light up 6:10pm Good start, smokes a ton. Good burn. First third was cocoa and a hint of coffee, touch of leather. Into the 2nd third all flavors fall on their face. Nasty bittery sour tobacco crap. I am done at mid stick. An absolute joke. I remember now I threw my first Beast IView attachment 121840 had in the road as well. 2 times a charm. #NEVERagain
Yes, they're oogy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And on that note, I have more to go, A Spec Ops and a few others, but I am bored with Gurkha and I want to smoke something good for a change, so I will come back to this thread at a later date.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
And on that note, I have more to go, A Spec Ops and a few others, but I am bored with Gurkha and I want to smoke something good for a change, so I will come back to this thread at a later date.
Yeah This is like a 1-man dog rocket thread !! :ROFLMAO: Give yourself a break ! Stop the suffering !
I'm in the mood for a nice Churchill now. Maybe Saturday. :cigar:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok folks! Here we go again. Gurkha Elegance. Pre light: Let the woman have a sniff, she said it smells like cow shit. My highly trained sense of smell says she is telling the truth! Cold draw is musty and sweet tobacco. The light: On the light, pungent tobacco, harsh bitter and overwhelming. I had to puff it down an inch to get it to produce. Half way into the first third a good note of nutty cream began to form. Flavor was consistent, very oily nutt, cream and spicy finish with black pepper retro throughout. developed a cedar note right in the middle which vanished quickly. The burn was on par, construction was great, draw was perfect, smoke output was phenomenal. Pepper on the retro picked up again on the half way point but kept all other aspects. Lasted 1 hour 30 something minutes. Final thoughts: Not bad honestly. But I won't be taking a chance on a second one! #neveragain
Ps I'll upload a pic soon, on a different device for review...
Edit. I have to bring to attention all of gurkhas caps have came off on the lips, seems to be a deal with every one of them, hasn't caused an issue but is very annoying.

driver

Attitude + Effort = Results
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Still remember the days of buying gurkha samplers when I got into cigars. Believe i still have a few, hell they probably have about 6+ years of age on them. Taking up room now they'll need to go soon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 years in the humidor, started off mellow, mild leather, grassy. Burn was good all the way, did get a little cock eyed but followed through. Nothing changed entire stick. Leather and earthy grassy note kicked up, somewhat a pecan note, a little zest on the final 3rd but wasnt nothing to hype about. Has like a dirty diesel fuel truck smell taste to it, if you ever been around farm equipment you know what im talking about. Good smoke output, perfect draw, caps came off, started pulling apart in the mouth. Ammonia heavy on smoke output. Paired well after Jambalaya and Budweiser. Retro hale i actually forgot about until now... very earthy, dead dry grassy, flavor almost like almonds with a marijuana stem end note. Kinda weird but not bad. Its ok. Burn finally went waco. Im done, wouldnt ever buy it again. Think i have one more Gurkah left eventually. 20190129_173139.jpg 20190129_173143.jpg