What's new

Epernay by Illusione

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
So I'm coming to find that Illusione may be one of my favorite cigar brands. Every stick I've had has been fantastic.

I haven't gotten to try the Epernay line out, though. How does it compare to Illusione's main line?

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I think they compliment each other.

The Eperney's are softer but just as flavorful. More of a savory sweet quality. Nice complexity. Start with the Le Elegence. That wrapper and tobacco are just great. The Le Ferme is good, too.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
You can tell they are from the same blender just as you can tell that about the various Viaje cigars (and can tell that those two brands have similarities ...).

The Epernay is Dion's best work, imvho. It's elegant and sophisticated. Lighter on the palate than his original line or Cruzado, it's creamy and sweet with that dark, rich tobacco still coming through. Not nearly as spicy or strong as the regular line. I find the Epernay to be closer to a Cuban cigar than many other sticks that claim to be "cubanesque."

I love the Epernay, if pressed I'd probably say it's my favorite of Dion's stuff. But I smoke the regular line more often because i've gravitated towards more full-bodied cigars this past year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I love the Epernay, if pressed I'd probably say it's my favorite of Dion's stuff."

I agree. I love how thick the smoke it produces is and its got tons of flavor.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
These are fantastic cigars. Wouldn't be surprised if I've smoked 100 of them so far this year. Try one with champagne sometime - they really go well together.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother got married over the summer and he asked me to get a cigar for all the groomsman. I got them all Epernays, the Le Ferm size (had the Le Grande and it just didnt do it for me).

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
As with almost every cigar line, the 50 RG or less is better in the Epernay. I like the Le Ferme the most followed by the Petite. I was awful excited for the Matan release since I love box pressed cigars, but it was just too damn big.

scotchNstogie

Crossbones 2011
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Granted I am a relative newbie to cigars, however, I love the Epernay. This has quickly risen to the top of my list. I would not hesitate to pick up a few, or a sampler and give them a whirl. Now I just have to try the rest of the Illusione line.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
A few of the guys from the local fire dept. frequent the lounge I work in. They have standing orders that if at any time the place catches fire, their first priorty is to rescue the Epernay's before all else.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Seriously these cigars have become my favorite. I know I'll catch some crap from the purists but IMHO this blend has the closest flavor profile to a CC that I've found yet. Truly a gem!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Yep, I love 'em too. Haven't heard from any dissenters (except not liking Le Elegance - what's wrong with that guy??? J/K), but they must be out there somewhere . . .