What's new

Ever think of quit smoking?

Have you SERIOUSLY thought about quitting smoking cigars?

• Yes I have Seriously

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Yes I have but only a passing thought

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • No I have not

Votes: 99 62.3%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
For whatever reason, have you SERIOUSLY thought of quit smoking cigars? How many times have you thought of quitting? What made you think of quitting or what makes you continue to smoke.

Discuss, comment, vote on poll (anonymous).

Thanks,

Steve

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I am fairly new to this "hobby" and have never thought about stopping.
I do not think that I am in the least addicted to cigars either. I had sergury on my knee and could not go out side easily and was just fine with that.
Its a lot of a social thing for me. A few of my closest friends enjoy cigars so it is nice to just hang out and shoot the shit.
I also find it relaxing to have a cigar while I am reading, surfing the web or just watching whatever.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Maybe seriously. :sadstare:
Hopefully all is well my brother. I hope & pray that it's just falling out of favor for you and not something else prompting you to think about stopping.

I go through spurts where I smoke like a chimney, but then I could go a couple of months w/o shopping, smoking or posting. It's just something that I will probably always bounce back to. It's a hobby, and if I take care of my cigars I could go a couple of years without smoking and then decide to get back into it.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Sometimes, after a string of disappointing smokes, I find myself wondering why I like cigars. Then I light up a good one, and I remember the answer.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
No. I suppose if it reached a point where I thought it was controlling me I would. I just have too much fun right now. Good luck Steve. You must have your reasons and whatever they are I am sure the are good ones.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I voted "no". In all seriousness, it is not a "ye oughta be bloody joking" no; but I just haven't. Why? Because I enjoy it yet do not depend on it. When I have the bread, I buy; when I have the time, I smoke. Only if I can; without sacrificing what's really important. If I'm sick, I stop...
Whatever popped this into yer head, just follow yer heart, Steve.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I am not saying I am quitting, looking to hear what others have to say. For me, on/off health type issues, wife and child hate me smoking, and my addictive personality are catching up to me. Those that quit are no longer here, so I will not get feedback from them. I know cigarette smokers seem to constantly want to quit or talk about quitting. I never smoked cigarettes, only did drugs so looking for similar things in cigar smokers.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I smoke one a day now, sometimes 2 (maybe 10-12 a week). I'd love to smoke more than that, but I don't for health reasons. I also know that next year when our 2nd baby comes along, I'll be very lucky to smoke 1/2 as much as I do now (which in all honestly is a number I'm more comfortable with long-term anyway).

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I am not saying I am quitting, looking to hear what others have to say. For me, on/off health type issues, wife and child hate me smoking, and my addictive personality are catching up to me. Those that quit are no longer here, so I will not get feedback from them. I know cigarette smokers seem to constantly want to quit or talk about quitting. I never smoked cigarettes, only did drugs so looking for similar things in cigar smokers.

Would cutting-back be a good compromise for you?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quitting! Not a chance in Hades. This is what I do to relax and use for an excuse to have a good beer and a good time with friends. Why would I quit something my wife encourages me to do and enjoy to its fullest?!

Hot_Sauce

&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I voted no as well.

I think I should quit buying so many boxes. But never thought about quitting cigars.