What's new

Everyday Carry EDC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i never leave the house without a pair of brass knux. i also collect them and have been suckerpunched by someone wearing them so i know the pain they can cause

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There used to be guns in the rotation too but they have all been sold recently. Oh and of course the iphone5s I'm taking the photo with is a must have. Depending on what I'm doing it where I am I may throw some basic first aid in or a trauma kit if I'm hitting the range. Not to mention I always have a bag in the car that has most medical supplies you'd need.
I've got that same Becker necker. Not sure why but I only wear it on long bike trips anymore. Did u tie the para on it? I did mine but urs looks nicer. I got into tying para but I'm not very good at it.
Edit because I didn't read anything. Hahaha

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm going to try to start carrying this. I always say I will but never do. Besides having extra phone cables and chargers it has water, snacks a small urban survival kit, extra lighter and cigar cutter, a trauma kit for gunshot wounds or a car crash or any kind of severe bleeding issue CPR crap, a ton of other first aid, and some every day stuff like a note pad, pens, cash and room for my sons diapers, wipes, sippy cup, and a change of his clothes. 9 times out of 10 when I make bags like this and say I will carry them, they end up in the trunk of the car and not carried like they should be.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May I ask why so many of you feel the need to either carry 30+ pounds of superfluous equipment with you everywhere you go (which I assume is more a fantasy than a reality), or a more useful but still ridiculous arsenal?

I mean there's never going to be a point where you need that many knives, I don't think it's even fathomable. And while I'm all for carrying a gun if you truly feel the need to or when you're in such situations that might require it, doing so just to do it seems like it defeats the point.

Wouldn't ONE knife be enough? Or ONE gun? Why do you need both knives AND guns? I've always found forums like this to be a bit excessive in the ironically "liberal" interpretation of what's necessary in one's daily life, but still I've never quite understood what the self rationalization is, or if there actually isn't one and instead it just happens because "why not".

And let's not even get started on literally carrying and, or wearing brass knuckles with you.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
May I ask why so many of you feel the need to either carry 30+ pounds of superfluous equipment with you everywhere you go (which I assume is more a fantasy than a reality), or a more useful but still ridiculous arsenal?

I mean there's never going to be a point where you need that many knives, I don't think it's even fathomable. And while I'm all for carrying a gun if you truly feel the need to or when you're in such situations that might require it, doing so just to do it seems like it defeats the point.

Wouldn't ONE knife be enough? I've always found forums like this to be a bit excessive in the ironically "liberal" interpretation of what's necessary in one's daily life, but still I've never quite understood what the self rationalization is, or if there actually isn't one and instead it just happens because "why not".
Because like anything else specific things are made for specific purposes. All knives are not created equal. The 2 inch plastic folding knife I carry for opening boxes, cutting apples,or opening my sons toys cannot be deployed fast enough and doesn't have a blade designed for self defense. In the same sense a knife built for self defense will freak out most people if you pull it out for a simple task like opening a box or cutting an apple. Therefore I carry a separate knife for each thing. Then you should always carry a back up for any weapon if you can. So I do when I can. For me that goes for anything. When I carry a gun I carry a a back up gun. If I have a knife for self defense I have a back up. In regards to the Multitool? It's just handy. Having a two year old son I tend to have to fix a lot of small toys and things he likes to beat up so pliers and screwdrivers in my pocket = SuperDad! the bag with the all the shit? That's just me. I'm an avid hiker and outdoors kinda guy and often just head out at the spur of the moment. Having a bag ready to go saves me time on getting out there. I have had a close friend die because he went hiking, got lost, got hurt and didn't have things he should have to make it back or get help. Like I said. I don't usually have it. But I want to. Because of that I am trying to add everyday stuff that I need to I will actually carry it with me and not leave it at home.

Edit: also that bag only weighs like 10 pounds and even that's because I'm in AZ and it has a lot of water.

2nd edit because I missed your question: the first thing I ever learned in a combat class was that you always carry a back up gun because guns jam. It's that simple. There is a philosophy that's commonly taught in the military. "Two is one, one is none" things go wrong and things break. Have a back up. Why carry a gun and knife? Besides the obvious one cuts stuff and one shoots people? Because for example: if you and I were ever in a situation where you tried to draw your gun on me I can stop you from doing that very easily. If you don't have a knife you can get to and use to fight me off. I will take your gun from you and kill you with it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
107   0   0

Wouldn't ONE knife be enough? I've always found forums like this to be a bit excessive in the ironically "liberal" interpretation of what's necessary in one's daily life, but still I've never quite understood what the self rationalization is, or if there actually isn't one and instead it just happens because "why not".
Because like anything else specific things are made for specific purposes. All knives are not created equal. The 2 inch plastic folding knife I carry for opening boxes, cutting apples,or opening my sons toys cannot be deployed fast enough and doesn't have a blade designed for self defense. In the same sense a knife built for self defense will freak out most people if you pull it out for a simple task like opening a box or cutting an apple. Therefore I carry a separate knife for each thing. Then you should always carry a back up for any weapon if you can. So I do when I can. For me that goes for anything. When I carry a gun I carry a a back up gun. If I have a knife for self defense I have a back up. In regards to the Multitool? It's just handy. Having a two year old son I tend to have to fix a lot of small toys and things he likes to beat up so pliers and screwdrivers in my pocket = SuperDad! the bag with the all the shit? That's just me. I'm an avid hiker and outdoors kinda guy and often just head out at the spur of the moment. Having a bag ready to go saves me time on getting out there. I have had a close friend die because he went hiking, got lost, got hurt and didn't have things he should have to make it back or get help. Like I said. I don't usually have it. But I want to. Because of that I am trying to add everyday stuff that I need to I will actually carry it with me and not leave it at home.

Edit: also that bag only weighs like 10 pounds and even that's because I'm in AZ and it has a lot of water.

2nd edit because I missed your question: the first thing I ever learned in a combat class was that you always carry a back up gun because guns jam. It's that simple. There is a philosophy that's commonly taught in the military. "Two is one, one is none" things go wrong and things break. Have a back up. Why carry a gun and knife? Besides the obvious one cuts stuff and one shoots people? Because for example: if you and I were ever in a situation where you tried to draw your gun on me I can stop you from doing that very easily. If you don't have a knife you can get to and use to fight me off. I will take your gun from you and kill you with it.
Damn, I thought all you guys were Secret Agents! ;)1

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

Well said Britt! (and, thank you)
Cars have airbags, but we still wear seat belts. Homes have smoke alarms, but we still keep fire extinguishers. How prepared you are for any situation is a personal decision. There are different tools for different jobs. Unfortunately, media, Hollywood, and select politicians demonize some of these tools and cause many to frown upon the people who choose to take care of themselves instead of relying only upon others. I for one see it as irresponsible to not do everything in my power to take care of myself and my family. If that comes at a slight inconvenience to my comfort, so be it. If others disapprove, oh well, their loss. (I'll still help them if they're in a jam and I'm prepared)
I couldn't live with myself if I knew that our house caught on fire and my wife burned to death, but could have made it if I just would have put that fire extinguisher in our bedroom closet.
I couldn't live with myself if I knew that we got in a car wreck and my wife died, but could have made it if I just would have put the glass breaker in each vehicle or I just would have had a knife to cut the seat belt that jammed on impact.
I never want to be the guy that has to ask "Why?", that has to wonder "What if?"
There are so many things that some people pass off as "crazy" but if the situation ever dictated, they would quickly change their tune. Perhaps it's the military training in me as well, but I am not about to put every aspect of my life in someone else's hands. A different tool for every job, and whether that job is fixing a tricycle or stopping an attacker, I want to be ready for everything life throws at me. :peace:

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I carry my Ruger P89 in a shoulder holster with 4 clips. I prefer the armpit shoulder holster to a waistband mainly because I got used to it in the Army and when on the Harley. It will remain unseen as I cruise done the road. I also carry a Boker top lock switchblade.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Wouldn't ONE knife be enough? Or ONE gun? Why do you need both knives AND guns? I've always found forums like this to be a bit excessive in the ironically "liberal" interpretation of what's necessary in one's daily life, but still I've never quite understood what the self rationalization is, or if there actually isn't one and instead it just happens because "why not".

And let's not even get started on literally carrying and, or wearing brass knuckles with you.

Why do we buy and store hundreds of Cigars if you can only smoke one at a time? Why buy tools that you'll only use once? Why own two cars when you can only drive one?

The main reason I carry more than one knife is pretty much the same Reason Britt said. I probably can count on one hand the amount of times I have left my house and Not used one of my EDC's.

At the end of the day when the shit hits the fan it's people who are not prepared for anything that are hiding behind the people who are prepared.

@BrittS88 I love that saying: Two is One and One is None.