Evolution of Opus X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I enjoyed OpusX back when they were first released ... before hype and gray market selling inflated their prices way beyond what I think they are worth. Haven't had one in many years. I actually prefer the Anejo line anyway, but still a special occasion smoke due to cost.
Wow, here is a Brother blast from the past Good to see you on here brother.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, opus x...that very under the radar lesser known cigar that no one really knows or talks about I've heard of it once or twice .

If I had to say I would say opus is for cigar smokers with plenty of money, that never actually spent the time to really dive deep into the hobby and realize there's way better cigars out there.
Almost exactly the first thoughts that came to my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's kind of funny when Opus X cigars get discussed. It seems 2 camps emerge. One camp says they are overpriced garbage and show a real hate for them. With the other camp talks like they were rolled on the virgin thighs of Salma Hayek on her 18th birthday.
The overpriced part is correct if all you see is Opus priced at double MSRP. But they always seem to want to blame the cigar and not the retailer or their states taxes for the stupid prices.
I think for $8-$13, Opus X taste like a good cigar should taste.
Do you have a source for the ones rolled on Salma Hayeks thighs? I’d like to order some lol.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the balls to keep boxes sealed long-term like that. Makes me imagine all the possible horrors I may find when I finally open it. I have to know what's in the box before it goes in my humidor.
maybe time I open them up.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video was unavailable. :(

Columbus, OH - home of Eric Clapton’s in-laws.
Company I used to work for, ARC Document Solutions, has a shop in Columbus. And I hear the sushi there is excellent because of Honda having their plant there.
He retired, sushi shop closed up. But a. dime a dozen places now.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've only smoked a few different Opus through the years with my absolute favorite being the Perfection #4. Perfect sized cigar, IMO. If you ever want to do a box split on some of these @CopusolerX, let me know. I'd be down 5 or 10 around as long as they arent $15 each like I've seen the past few years.
That's a bit steep for me.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've only smoked a few different Opus through the years with my absolute favorite being the Perfection #4. Perfect sized cigar, IMO. If you ever want to do a box split on some of these @CopusolerX, let me know. I'd be down 5 or 10 around as long as they arent $15 each like I've seen the past few years.
That's a bit steep for me.
If that should happen and there’s room, I’d be interested in a 5er. (y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Im glad to say i don't have a single fuente in my humidor.
I’ve gotten rid of a lot of my NC stash and 95% of my Fuentes. I like the occasional Opus, but I have to agree with Chuck, at such a super-premium price, the cost-value proposition is out of line. I’d rather fire up a regular production CC 99% of the time.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I like them. I like them a lot after several years. Fresh, they aren’t as special to me.

Rosado Magnum R52? That’s a really great cigar that can be had at retail prices and delivers no matter the age.

Status
Not open for further replies.