What's new

Expensive Cigars

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
$38 bucks? Hmm I think I'm seeing people rob others then.
Thats what they should be (maybe slightly cheaper now)....if u have a good vendor.

Private parties have no doubt been cashing in on Behike sales on other sites though. Seen plenty of that.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah I suppose so. I'm not that lucky. I bought a 52 but it was fresh and I promised the person i would wait until this year to smoke it on my birthday. I'm pretty damn impatient. Haha

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes and no.

$30 Serie 1926 Padron on NYE, worth it, tasted awesome. Smoked perfect.

Davidoff Double R's from my birthday as well as the Ashton ESG's, complete garbage. Disappointing flavors and far inferior burn.

I recently had the chance to have a Behike, not sure which one honestly, it was a gift, and while I didn't pay for it, knowing what they do cost, if I had paid for it, I would have been disappointed.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
$42 for a BHK 54 (If I remember correctly on the size). Worth it? Yup. Would I buy it again? Yup, but not that often though because of the price.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I've found that inexpensive aged cigars have blow me away while the high end cigars have been overpriced koolaid.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Most expensive: Cohiba Esplendidos - more for crazy atmosphere - it was at a Cohiba lounge in Tokyo.

Most expensive that I thought was worth the money: R&J Cedros de Luxe #2 at The Olde Cuban in Singapore's Chinatown - if you are EVER in Singapore you MUST go there! http://www.oldecuban.com/

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
would be a 06 arturo fuente GOF, was like $22 bucks. Good smoke but was expecting more for the price tag which i think is the problem with most high priced sticks. Like been said before most people build such unreasonalbly high expectiations your ultimately let down.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Approx a year ago, I paid $30 for a Padron Family Reserve 45 Maduro...it was great....then a couple weeks afterwards I learned that Casa de Montecristo had boxes of 10 for $199....ah yes...the good ol days of the little hammer!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Mine was a CGR. It was worth it only because it was a chance to confirm what I already suspected...

There is nothing that can be done in cigar format that's worth $100/ea for me.

I feel it was well worth spending the money once, just to try, but I wouldn't again. It was a great cigar, but it's just too far above my price cutoff.

-Charles

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
IMHO a $5 dollar cigar will always taste better smoked in the presence of friends than any $20 cigar will be smoked alone, for me it's all about the experience. That being said an Ashton 22 YS smoked in the company of good friends can be magical.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
A Behike 54. Yes, it was worth it (birthday week). I loved it, and will smoke a few more here and there for special occasions, but I won't be getting a ton of them because they're just too pricey.

I have been smoking more and more of the high-quality stuff this past year, though, and have found a number of cigars that I would purchase if on sale (Padron Family Reserve and 1926, Casa Fuente, Behike, some others). I think Opus are worth the money at retail as well.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Ashley from Cigar Lounge gifted me and Pete Johnson one of these:

Lars Tetens Gourmet Cigars SCP Branque - 6 x 60

$172.00

Product Description: This cigar is legendary in the Industry. Bold, Spicy and STRONG! These cigars have been patiently aged for twenty years. Yes, twenty. The blend and exact construction is a secret, and should you purchase one, you will understand the reason why. A rare treat for some, or an ordinary luxury for others, the SCP is a one of a kind smoke!

Pete smoked his. I still have mine.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Expensive cigar smoked. 2 cohiba CGRs. One was a contest win from brooks and one was a gift from Hendy. Both were excellent. The first was prob still the best cigar as far as overall enjoyment and not having another cigar for at least four days before I smoked it. Most ever paid was probably a Padron Anny(80). Also I've bought 2 boxes of 44 natties so to me sometimes they're worth it.......

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This may sound stupid, but I paid $35 for a T52 Toro up here, as that is what they sell for in shops with the great taxes...and I would do it again for that same great experience. I love those sticks. I would buy them online as they are much more affordable, but everything is expensive when you buy from a shop.
The most expensive cigar I have been gifted was a Casa Fuente Corona Extra ?? I think. It was fantastic, and rolls in at $30-35/ stick. I would love to have more of those, but once again, I do not have the cash to be buying that kind of stuff for the amount that I already smoke.
It all comes down to cost/value for the money.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I paid $25 for a PSP1...Can't say it was worth it...I didn't get the hype.
I made a trade for a Behike 54...Really enjoyed it but no way would I spend the coin for one.
I think any cigar that cost more than $12 is kinda pushing it. However for a special occasion I understand.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I don't know about the most expensive, but an expensive cigar that I'll spend the money for everytime is...

AF Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario, I believe they are called. Usually in the $30-$35 range and worth it every time. That's my go to special occasion cigar. Absoltuely love them everytime I smoke them. Always smoke one on any vacation and a few here and there for other good times.